Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a "how to" for a total headlight swap for my p11.
I purchased OEM JDM headlights and they just arrived.
I do not want to break any clips or wire harness attachments.

Does anyone have a detailed "how to" with photos.
What is the best tool for removing the wire harnesses from the bulb assembly.

thanks.

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
Your doing the swap during winter???
I got my set a few months ago but I'm waiting for spring to do the swap :(

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
if you have never removed your headlights before you will need to pull really hard in order to break free the green plastic tabs that hold the headlights on, there is no need to reinstall the green plastic pieces

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
why can't you do it durring the winter?
salt all over the road plus all the dirt. i won't enjoy them as much on the winter since most of the time or just about all the time the car is cover in white so you can't see them :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
headlight out, wire issues need help

if you have never removed your headlights before you will need to pull really hard in order to break free the green plastic tabs that hold the headlights on, there is no need to reinstall the green plastic pieces
ok, got the drivers headlight out and the three wire connectors out. The main headlight connector for the jdm lights are different then the USA,

before i cut and splice, is there anyhting i need to know?

·
Registered
844 Posts
wats wrong w/ doin it in the winter... hey anyone know what guage the wire's are for this swap they look pretty small so i'll say like 18 or16 i need to know so i get the right wire taps.... that way i can't f up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, i found that thread. it talks about the HID swap not the regular.

I have the drivers side done, what a [email protected] The pigtails on the JDM parts were only 1/4 inch long.

question - is their suposed to be a light on in the corners when the headlights are on?
I only get the blinker??
Mains and Highbeams work fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP i swaped the highbeam wires

here is your freebie:
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65781

try searching next time.
I can not believe what i did. I must have swapped the low beam and high beam wires. The highs are now on and the lows go on when i push the stalk...

CRAP CRAP :dead::zoinks:

i have to take the darn thing apart for a third time and "i assume" just switch the two red wires. Can someone confirm this for me>

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
where the hell is the third bolt. The two up top Ive found but this last bolt I can't locate for my life

·
Registered
552 Posts
on the passenger side, it's below/behind the big black wire harness wrapped in plastic/electric tape. Where the headlight curves towards the inside of the headlight, look directly below it.

On the Driver's side, i just dig my socket around and find it magically. It's located in the same spot, but this side is slightly easier to get to.. You might also need a 2" extension

1 - 20 of 22 Posts