Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm troubleshooting a no spark condition on my -99 Primera . Im testing sparks with a screwdriver connected to - while cranking the motor.
I've now dismounted the ignition system all the way into the ignition coil, but still no spark. I've measured up the coil with my multimeter, but I dont know what the normal values are. These are the resistances I've measured:

Between tabs about 1 ohm
Between spring and iron core: HI
Between spring and tabs about 12kohms

The tabs are measured without cables connected.

I cant find out if these values are indicating fault or not. Ive figured out that the part is called cm1t-216a , but I cant find a datasheet on it.

Ive checked all the fuses in the box besides the battery, all are good.

Please help

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Machine tool Engineering Automotive wheel system

Automotive wheel system Auto part Metal Tool Font

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no spark from the coil, so I don’t think the condition of the button matters right now.
Ive found out that the resistances of the coil are normal (haynes), and I tried measuring the input to the coil with a scope, no waveform.
I also discovered that the capacitor was shorted, which would explain at least part of the problem.
I replaced the capacitor , but still no spark. I’m not sure if the replacement cap is proper though, I have also ordered one that is supposed to be right, so I’ll try again with that one when I get it.

any input would be appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts