Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
theese cars are not honda's their for they do not have a ICM you hve ecu power transister coil resister cam sensor rotor cap wires and plugs
so If one was deturmined enough to look for an ICM they would be looking forever

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's up with this thread?
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?69630-car-dead-please-help/page3&highlight=ignition+module

Where is the power transistor located?

---

I am having ignition issues, car cranks fine but wont start, I am getting no check engine light either.

So far I have changed:

Fuel Pump
Fuel Filter
MAF
Plugs, wires, cap rotor
Distributor cap
Fuel Relay (Swapped with good one and still no change, so changed back to old)

The issue first started it would only start on cool mornings, but in the heat of the day (2pm) it would not start at all.

Anyone know what else it could be?

Thanks!

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
the power transister is inside your distributor. a;so your coil is inside the distributor. the older car in the post you linked has power stransister and coil external of the distributor

their is ignition system tests you can do in the fsm to test all components. most just get a new distributor. if you are good at rebuilding things replaceing the distributor internals is doable

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have replaced the distributor so I know that is good. Still same issue though, wont start.
The only other thing I havent changed so far is the Cam position sensor

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
if your car cranks but does not start and has no codes you might want to check the fuel system. unless you are sure meaning you tested and confirmed no spark.
you should simply post what you are sure of and or what you know is happening than others will be better able to help you if you need help

trying to get advice eon a hunch seldom gets results

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, well I am out of luck! I have no idea what else it could be. I've changed everything...
And it's not throwing me a code, which makes it worse!

Thanks for your help P10det.

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
changing parts to fix problems is never the best way unless you feel you have a abundants of parts to do so but if the part you put on does not fix it i would reinstall the part you started with just incase the part you installed has a problem that could be unrelated to your concirn

first what does the car do? Is their spark? in all 4 cyls is the wireis in the correct fireing order. was heir anything od noticed when replaceing an part?
can you hear the fuel pump coming on.
please take time and right down all of wich you checked and confirmed than post your list. Im not convinced you know why the car is not starting

·
Registered
7 Posts
The ignition control module is located behind the steering wheel. I don’t know why they would tell you your car does not have one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts