Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 02 Sport keeps leaking water in the Passenger front foot well I have blown out my condensor tube that releases water. It really only leaks on big down pours, and that wouldn't bother me but it is making a mildew smell I think it's the cow part by the wiper blades but I don't know. I have searched and I see stuff about the p10 leaking but not the p11. Any help.

Thanks
Henry

·
Registered
355 Posts
hey do u have a sunroof wind deflector by anychance? I had the same thing happening to me; When i would park at steep enough angle facing downhill, water would collect in the deflector and wouldn't be able to drain properly. The result, inch thick of water on the passenger foot well

·
Registered
321 Posts
hey do u have a sunroof wind deflector by anychance? I had the same thing happening to me; When i would park at steep enough angle facing downhill, water would collect in the deflector and wouldn't be able to drain properly. The result, inch thick of water on the passenger foot well
he probobably doesnt because i have the same problem but no deflector. all i did was stuff a towel down there to absorb all the water

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the identical problem on heavy down pours while my g20 p11 is out parked all day. I've had to replace the stock floor mats with rubber ones. I have heard that the water is coming in through the fresh air inlet under that windshield cover plate. I posted this problem about a month ago and really didn't get any good replies. Please let me know if you find the solution.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Have you checked the sunroof drains? Almost every time I've seen a problem like this on any car, it's due to that.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
its going to be your heater core i had same problem

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
open the sunroof and blow out the drains with some compressed air.
i had some rust on my roof near where the windshield meets the roof (caused by a horrible windshield replacement) and that leaked water onto the passenger footwell before.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Mine did that right after my wind shield was replaced in a heavy down pour. They resealed the bottom of the window and I haven't had that problem since. If it's leaking while running, it might be that you need to replace the in-cabin micro filter.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have had the windshield replaced and this only happens in Heavy down pours. I have unclogged the a/c twice and replaced the cabin filter. Someone told me the vents by my windshield wipers may be clogged with crap and is causing the water to come in? I just want to fix this problem ASAP my car smells like MILDEW BAD!! and my son is expected to be born in 10 days and this is our only car so I don't want him sitting in a mildew smelling car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I hope you get better help then me, but our G has been with us for 9 years, and we had a leaky passenger floor too. Are you leaving your vents open? We had leaks where you do and it was because we had the vents opened and water would come in when it rained hard, right where your leak is. As far as the smell, try baking soda warm water spray orry if I didnt help

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have read that on the passenger side under the winshield cover plate, there is a little green(may not be green) plastic thing that can leak water in. I think its used to line up the windshield or sommat. Someone has sealed it using silicon sealant and solved the problem.
I have passenger foot well leak also on my UK P11. I will try this soon.

·
Registered
494 Posts
i found a few drops of water on my rubber floor mat on the front passenger floor of my P11.

I looked under the dash and the water is leaking from the black big plastic housing thing under the glove box. (air conditioning part). Im not sure if its from there or its coming from another source and leaking onto the plastic housing and then to the floor..

·
Registered
23 Posts
yup it happened to mine on a bad rainy day. apparently, the car reverts to fresh air whenever you turn it off, so when the cowl fills up with water, the hvac box does too, overwhelming the drain and dumping into the carpet. i had to remove the pass front seat and pull up the carpet and matting, cuz the carpet has a plastic backing so the carpet may feel dry but the floorboards are soaked, then shammied the floor and ran 2 fans over it all day, then the funky ass smell went away

1 - 20 of 22 Posts