Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
P11 rear brake caliper adapters upgrades your rear brakes from 10" to 11.4" using the OEM calipers and Z31 rotors which are 5x114.3

I designed these for my car (P11) to regain my brake bias back to factory like specs, after upgrading my front's to 12.6" rotors and calipers from the A34 Nissan Maxima and still rocking the stock rear's I witnessed the horrible brake bias that my P11 exhibited, most notably a very large increase in stopping distant (not good) and brake fade after just a few high speed deceleration test. This is not acceptable to me as I don't condone decreasing brake performance less then stock equipement so I designed the above caliper adapter brackets to remedy this problem I faced. I can happily report that my car brake just as good as the factory brakes did which are great by the way only difference being I can do it over and over and over again as the setup has a LOT more heat absorbing capacity over the smaller brake equipment.

NOTES: I also upgraded the rear brake in stages with available off the shelf rear brake upgrades from the A33 Maxima as well which where still to small and the reason I designed the brackets for use with another of th4 shelf rotor from the Z31 but these require the custom brackets to work.

In the end I have an awesome brake package and anyone that has rode in my P11 can attest to of the awesome braking power and balance and straight line stability my P11 exhibits even from speeds as high as 140mph+ yes I really do test my brake full on at these speeds especially on long road trips to Laughlin and Vegas so I know what my car can handle albeit my car is from from stock suspension wise.

Brackets and hardware only $179.99

If you need 4x114.3 rotors pm me for additional pricing.

These pictures are of my P11 which has these adapter brackets installed

·
Registered
85 Posts
fronts would be nicer as they see the most abuse.....also what rims are those you have and what 5 lug conversion did you use? does the conversion make it so ur wheel would stick out farther...as in id need a 7 inch thick instead of 7.5?

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fronts would be nicer as they see the most abuse.....also what rims are those you have and what 5 lug conversion did you use? does the conversion make it so ur wheel would stick out farther...as in id need a 7 inch thick instead of 7.5?
My front's are 12.6" and trust me only upgrading the front brakes doesn't equate to better brakes over stock in no kinda way, you got to keep the brake bias as close to stock as possible if you want good performing brakes, just upgrading the front will result in brake fade and just over all shitty performance of the stock setup, brake upgrades is another one of my favorite mods to do on all my cars.

I make and sell my own 5 lug conversion hubs and parts for $350 + shipping FS: P11 Front/Rear 5 lug conversion swap

The conversion keeps everything in the same exact position as stock in other words it doesn't not affect the wheel offset.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm not super experienced with brakes but these look awesome.

Question - Would B15 Brembos in the front and this bracket w/ Z31 Rotors on the rear a good/safe combination for a P11??

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not super experienced with brakes but these look awesome.

Question - Would B15 Brembos in the front and this bracket w/ Z31 Rotors on the rear a good/safe combination for a P11??
It'll work pretty decent definitely much better then the stock 10" rears, although you can get away with a much bigger and stronger front setup albeit not as pretty looking as the Brembo calipers but way more then capable A34 Maxima caliper setup.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It'll work pretty decent definitely much better then the stock 10" rears, although you can get away with a much bigger and stronger front setup albeit not as pretty looking as the Brembo calipers but way more then capable A34 Maxima caliper setup.
To go with Bigger and Stronger? or more showoff brembo brakes... :eh: the ultimate question! Lol thanks man, I didn't know A34 Maxima brakes were another option

Edit: after searching around and reading your past brake threads, I thank you for all the research and testing you've done. I may just copy you and go with A34 Fronts and Z31 Rears

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To go with Bigger and Stronger? or more showoff brembo brakes... :eh: the ultimate question! Lol thanks man, I didn't know A34 Maxima brakes were another option

Edit: after searching around and reading your past brake threads, I thank you for all the research and testing you've done. I may just copy you and go with A34 Fronts and Z31 Rears
Here's a link to upgrading my fronts to the A34 Maxima calipers and rotors My big brake upgrade just lmk I made to extra set's just in case anyone wanted to do the rear brake upgrade.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts