Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've did some research, but i'm still a little confused. My wife has a 2001 G20t. I have a set KYB GR-2 shocks here ready to install. What would be the nicest spring for those shocks? I would like a "slight" drop, but still maintain the stock riding comfort.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
need4pwr said:
I would like a "slight" drop, but still maintain the stock riding comfort.
Tein S-Techs. that's EXACTLY what they're made for. look in the For Sale section, or post a WTB thread.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
^^^ s-techs, the springs hes talking about, are the softest ride you can get, which are, by the way, the springs that are on the tein NRs im selling :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I was leaning towards the S-Tech, but it says 1.8" drop in the front and .8" drop in the back. Seems a like a big drop in the front. Does it really drop that much?

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
seems more like 1.5"ish. my H&R sports said 1.5", but looked lower then most S-Tech drops i've seen. that's after mine settled in though...

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
need4pwr said:
Hi,
I've did some research, but i'm still a little confused. My wife has a 2001 G20t. I have a set KYB GR-2 shocks here ready to install. What would be the nicest spring for those shocks? I would like a "slight" drop, but still maintain the stock riding comfort.
Being a married guy myself I have to ask. Did your wife ask you to drop the suspension? If not, you are wasting your money and time. Odds are she will not like the resultant stiff ride. And trust me the ride will be uncomfortable for her. You cannot do any kind of a drop and maintain the factory ride comfort.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.
I guess i will keep the stock springs with KYB GR-2 shocks. Should I replace anything else while replacing the shocks? I just put a set of 17" Spec V wheels on her car, but the car definately looks taller now.

John

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
need4pwr said:
Thanks guys.
I guess i will keep the stock springs with KYB GR-2 shocks. Should I replace anything else while replacing the shocks? I just put a set of 17" Spec V wheels on her car, but the car definately looks taller now.

John
tein s tech springs are pretty close to stock. as long as you cut the bump stops its a very comfortable ride.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
need4pwr said:
I just put a set of 17" Spec V wheels on her car, but the car definately looks taller now.
It's not the diameter of the wheel that counts, it's the diameter of the tire. You need to try and stay within the same tire diameter as the stock tire. You should be somewhere around 24 to 24.5 inches in diameter.
What size tires did you put on?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
actually the 195/65s that come on most P11 G20s are 25" diameter, but i wouldnt try to go bigger than that as the 3rd link almost touches the tire at that diameter. Tein S-techs ride rough? if mounted right from what everyone else has said they ride is almost the same as stock..
I also planed to go this route and was concerned about more drop than i wanted. I decided that when I do it im going to cut some doughnuts out of tire tread and use them at the upper spring perch to fatten up the spring isolators. that should take it to the 1" drop I'm looking for

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
True the 195/65-15 tire is close to 25 inches, but the 205/50/16 on the 2002 Sport is 24.1 inches in diameter. Here is a link that will calculate the tire size for you.

http://www.powerdog.com/tiresize.cgi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts