Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello G20 community,

I'm getting ready to tackle starter replacement on my 2001 Infiniti G20t, 5 speed manual. I've read almost all the starter threads available on the web. But I want to make sure I am removing the correct starter mounting bolts. Can someone help verify which are the bolts holding the starter? See attached pic. Is it bolts 2, 3? Also, any additional tips? Thanks for your help.
Automotive tire Rim Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It took me approx 1.5 hrs to complete starter replacement. Removed the bad starter through top side after disconnecting the Y bracket holding some electrical hoses and disconnecting the battery wire attached to old starter. The reverse was done to install new starter. I used a metal rod inserted through hole as a guide during installation. That really helped me thread in the first bolt to attach the new starter. Then reconnect the battery wire with rubber cap to the new starter. Overall the job went well. No issues. I used Bosch starter.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agree 100%. It seemed scary after reading some of the post. But removing that Y bracket gave the much needed clearance to access thru the top. And the "guide" rod really made it easier to reinstall the attaching bolts from top. Overall it wasn't too bad of a DIY. (y)(y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts