Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would cut it cause itll be alot stronger which would extend the life of your ballast and bulbs. Zip ties are nice but they do tend to loosen up, especialy if u have prothane inserts and your car vibrates like a motha fucka. So mark your line and cut it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
brackets are best because less vibration/rattling around and your ballast will be safer last longer but theres plenty of people who zip tie their ballast for there aftermarket ballast

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Thought it would be helpful to post up this informative picture incase any of you purchased HID with cut harnesses or what not here how you can wire up the headlights.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Would anyone happen to know the part number of the OEM ballasts or a comparable replacement? Pretty sure mine is dying. Usually when the bulb starts to die, it's a purplish pink, but lately, when I start my car, I get no light and it will turn on or off randomly.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Would anyone happen to know the part number of the OEM ballasts or a comparable replacement? Pretty sure mine is dying. Usually when the bulb starts to die, it's a purplish pink, but lately, when I start my car, I get no light and it will turn on or off randomly.
28474-89900

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thanks!

Totally too much for my wallet.

The part number also brings up a replacement used in newer models. Looks completely different, but same specs. I can probably use a $50 non-OEM version and rewire it to work. Tonight, though, I try the bulb. If that doesn't work, I'll order an aftermarket version of that Nissan part number and rewire it. I'll post the results if it works.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Thanks!

Totally too much for my wallet.

The part number also brings up a replacement used in newer models. Looks completely different, but same specs. I can probably use a $50 non-OEM version and rewire it to work. Tonight, though, I try the bulb. If that doesn't work, I'll order an aftermarket version of that Nissan part number and rewire it. I'll post the results if it works.
I was gonna mention that. make sure to do a write up if you do ;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I was gonna mention that. make sure to do a write up if you do ;)
The newer ballast that shares the part number is used for 350Z, Maxima, and Murano of the era, but it kind of looks like the ballast is one with a built-in igniter. The P11 igniter, if I recall, screws into the headlight assembly, so unless there is a bit of modification done, a modern bulb socket will not just work. I'm not going to try it.

I did find out that the original ballast is shared between Nissan Cedric and Serena (Selena if you're going to use a translator). This should help expand my search. I know Nissan Serena is in multiple countries, 'cause I saw them in Hong Kong, so that's probably got the wider parts availability. I go to HK every few months, so I'll make it a point to ransack whatever Serena ballasts I can find there.

If I can find a suitable low-cost ballast w/o igniter built-in, I'll post a modification guide.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts