Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay the g's prep work is don its getting painted this week...well i had someone throw the idea of a matte finish on my car where you spray a black then use a flat clear finish....i have to decide soon and was wondering if someone could photoshop a p10 with like a not so shiny black. Its gonna be almost flat but smoother cause of the clear. I cant upload any pics right now so you car use any p10 if thats possible.

Thanks

Brad

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well bump 52 views and no comments, opinions, thoughts, ideas, photoshops.... :-(

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
72 views now, someone with photoshop please help me out....bump

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
93 views wow and not a single comment or anyhting i was hoping to atleast get an opinion or something.....bump please

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
don't do a flat finish, t doesn't fit with the lines of the G20. it will just look like it's waiting for paint.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Unless you're just going to do it yourself don't do a flat finish

if you're going to pay to have a paintjob done, make it look like you got a paintjob done.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im only paying for the paint itself....but bump cause i think this would look good cause i have yet to find a g20 in this color...btw i got rid of antenna hole and key hole on the trunk while it was gettin the body work done and i made a look alike impul grill....if it turns out bad then i guess down the road i will know what i gotta get done to the g....i wanna take a chance in life nothing against you fellow members

thanks

Brad

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
it seams like you already have your mind made up, so I guess there's no sense in bumping for more opinions. but I can guarantee 99% of the people will be against a flat paint job. good luck, I hope you like it, that's all that counts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i was hoping to get a photoshop done , i dont mean to come acrsoss as a dick or anything

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
not to many people on this forum are up on photos shop from what I see, but I know it will be near impossible to PS a flat paint job. if your getting it done cheap enough just go for it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya its just whatever the cost of the pretreat, base, and the clear.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Slm b rad said:
i think this would look good cause i have yet to find a g20 in this color...

There is a reason for that... but to each his own.

Personally, I'm not a fan of flat paint on anything... even the old street rods. To me, it screams "WORK IN PROGRESS!!!" I'd rather have something that looks clean. The goal for on all of my vehicles has been for them to look factory, but not BE factory. I like it when someone looks at my whip and says, "hey, did that come like that?"

Massive body kits? No thanks.
24" shopping cart aluminum wing? No thanks.

I was once an anti-import guy because of all the rice burners in my area. It wasn't until I purchased a '94 G20 and discovered this community that I realized that there are a lot of import guys that share my philosophy. Crazy paint just detracts from the vehicle's real appeal. Keep it clean. Keep it tasteful. Make it fast.

·
Registered
242 Posts
this is kind of a crappy job but if you'd supplied a better pic that would have been more helpfull, it takes time to find a pic then you have to outline the car outline the stuff that you don't want to color, painting a car in photoshop is alot like painting a car in real life.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks everyone for the opinions and thanks for the photoshop....and no i wont be going with rediculous wings or body kit the only cosmetic mods are the look alike impul grill and shaving the antenna and keyhole on the trunk.....very subtle things and my spoiler is the stock "t" spoiler....i understand that you live in or near cincy x6stringerx, well thanks for your alls help.....i will be posting pics when all finished some might like some may not its all a matter of taste or opinion

Brad

·
Registered
189 Posts
The PS posted above actually looks better than I thought. Matte black wheels with a polished/chrome lip would look good. The ones on my P10 were Speedy Lite 6's.

I'm actually not THAT close to Cincy. I live just outside of Charleston, WV.

·
Registered
161 Posts
id like to see one with the flat clear on it, mine looked like that photoshop the first day a painted mine, but it was rattlecan and itfaded, was covered in dust and dirt, yea, i cant wait to see lots of pics of the finished product...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sorry i must have you confused x6stringerx my apologies....but ya my gf is droppin off the money today for the paint cause i couldnt get it to them this weekend im back at school two and half hours away....im gettin my wisdom teeth pulled thursday when i go back home at 4 so hopefully be picking up my car before i do that....this weekend i need to put my car back together cause i took everything off so it would be a quicker process...hopefully i wil be well enough to....and friday i have x rays on my hip and back so its gonna be a time crunch to get the car back together by sunday night.

thanks guys
brad

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
me either i wish i was home to watch the outcome...but im just gonna have to wait

1 - 20 of 30 Posts