Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup people
alright i was eating at a restaurant and i look outside the windo and i seriously see the sickest S4 ever!!!!! lowered, 19" axis gunmetal rims, limo tint all over, it was red, i was in love but what really caught my eye was his brake caliber thing. It was red. It looked tight By the way i talked to the owner of the car and he runs a 12 second 1/4 mile. DAMN he has a chip, header, exhaust, intake, the works people.
so wat u guys think abou that...should i paint my caliber red? has anyone done it..do u guys know what type of paint and where to get it. If anyone has done it ..please post pic..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do it! One of the best things I've done to my P11. The paint costs about 10 UKP (probably cheaper in the US) and it's not difficult to do...but what a difference it makes. If you've got wheels that you can see through easily then I'd say it's a 'must'.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Get a brake caliper lacquer kit from Folia Tec. It comes with the cleaner, hardener and paint. Its like $35-40 but it wont come off like the other shit will.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah, the Paint is really cheap over here (just high temperature withstanding paint basically) and its quite a common thing to do....

maybe you could help me out on this.

I've been looking at painting my calipers and drums but I dont want to look like just another Nova Boy (for non uk'ers a nova boy is the bloke who drives the most common car on earth and paints his calipers pink when his car is green etc etc.. you get me? :p)

anyway, My Car is blue so I thought I would paint my drums on the back black (dont want them to stand out) and my calipers blue to match the car. do you think this will look ok?

Cheers
Kev.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hmmmmmm this is a tough call. Usually you want an accent color with your car. So with the blue, I think red calipers and red accents would like nice. Black may be nice too...

It will be tough to match the exact color of your car so id probably go with something contrasting, but not something that looks tacky.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Do you guys think a green G20..like the sparkly green kinda darker green would look good with dark blue calipers?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Here's a picture of my red painted calipers - like was mentioned, pick up a FoliaTec kit, it comes with everything.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
I have the silver titanium color for the car and the silver stock wheels, what color caliper paint do you recommend. I like blue but not sure if anyone tried this

·
Registered
98 Posts
dark green pearl...

Dont go for the blue with the green!! :lick:

I have calipers to match my dark green body with black cadmium rotors and it looks great with my 16" enkei cd9's..... tight as they say... ;-)

·
Registered
424 Posts
hmmm...maybe I should do that this weekend! LOL
got the paint already, just lying in my bedroom awaiting for its wheel to come. gonna paint the calibers once I get those OZ rims!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
kfairburn's car is not a GT or Touring model. The 1.6L Primeras that they sell in Europe come with rear drums standard, IIRC. If you own a P11 in the US you'll have four wheel discs.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Re: dark green pearl...

upshot said:
Dont go for the blue with the green!! :lick:

I have calipers to match my dark green body with black cadmium rotors and it looks great with my 16" enkei cd9's..... tight as they say... ;-)
Howd u get green caliper paint to match ur car?

·
Registered
66 Posts
wow i think alot of people like red cause it reminds us of performance but i love red even tho my car is burgundy but who gets burgundy calipers

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Wow the oldest thread I have ever seen on Gnet, and I will only use G2 sold at tirerack.com from now on.

Gmac

1 - 20 of 20 Posts