Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since Im lowering my car and cant afford rims yet Im wondering what steps to take in order "smoke out" my rims ??--primer ??? material of rim and what kind of paint ??

·
Registered
520 Posts
The only thing I suggest to you is don't do it. Don't go cheap dawg. Put some paychecks together and make it happen.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
aww man i feel your pain.. we all have been there and i know how it feels. it feels like whatever you do you just cant enough money for those big mods like wheels and u looking around at ducks in the streets riding on bling bling wheels but anyway just suck it up man and remember the ride looks tight stock too
so dont' worry man and hang in there

casual

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
6'5 290lbs in a G20 said:
since Im lowering my car and cant afford rims yet Im wondering what steps to take in order "smoke out" my rims ??--primer ??? material of rim and what kind of paint ??
Assuming you did paint your rims, I'd be willing to bet that the cost of painting your rims would be somewhat close to the cost of getting new rims. I'd say try to find some used rims somwhere.(ebay, junkyard)

Mista McCoilover said:
Don't go cheap dawg. Put some paychecks together and make it happen.
Amen to that. The one of the worst feelings to have is that "settle-for-less-than-the-best" feeling. Have the patience and do it right the first time. You'll be so glad you did.
;)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
So can someone just answer his question?? :p

I already have some bling bling rims, but I want to paint my Saab rims black. I have Falken Azenis on them for autocross and want them to be kinda low key.

Well, they do sell a wheel paint at autozone. I guess just clean, primer, and a couple coats will work out. I'll let you know how it works out. :)

Don't hate, just help. ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
hey mike what did your saab rims come from? i saw some pretty cool looking 3 spoke saab rims that were 4 lug, and was thinking about tracking them down. some close up pics maybe?

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Well here in Miami most shops finance wheels

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Also, powdercoating is an option. It's not as nice as getting brand new rims, but it's also not as ghetto as painting your stock rims. It's between painting/new rims... cost-wise and quality-wise too.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Powdercoating is your best bet and most reliable solution. An alternative is wheel paint (they make a specific paint just for wheels- says Wheel Paint right on it). They sell it in white, graphite, and a couple other colors that I can't remember. This same company also makes a clearcoat to go overtop of the paint to help protect/seal it. You should also pick up an paint adhesive promotor such as Bulldog, this helps the paint bond/stick to the wheels. I forget the company that makes the paint but you can usually find it at Checker (same as Kragen). In order for it to turn out nicely you have to prep and clean the wheels, the better you do this the better the final results. This is something i'd recommend if you're unsure about the color, it'd be a good way to test the color on your wheels, see if you like it or not, it's not permanent like powdercoating, although I probably wouldn't want to be the one that has to remove the paint either. hope this Helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts