Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint some things like the battery hold down, and other metal parts under the hood. Should I use Hi-Temp paint for those metal parts? Im sure that the actually engine gets up to more than 200F but Im not sure about the parts around the engine. Regular paints dont recommend using on things that get over 200F. Hi Temp I think is 1600F.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I wouldnt worry too much. I used regular touch up paint for that stuff and it worked fine. You have to remember that a cars paint finish in the sun heats up hotter than it gets under your engine compartment...

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I have to use primer or whatever before, or can I just paint the parts like normal? I've never used primer or powercoating stuff so I dont really have a clue what they are. Anyone want to fill me in? Thanks

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I just sanded it and it worked ok. You could use a primer if it is really smooth, or you want it really really nice i guess. I dont think its really nessecary though. Definatley sand it though.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I sprayed some things and just touched up others.

Freaktroll, since you live in Orange County, have you gotten any calls lately from the Healthcare Association of Southern California? I work at a phone survay place, and we are interviewing people in Orange County for the Healthcare As. People get so pissed off down in that place. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts