Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Enjoying teh Ride
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
reserved for suspension upgrades

When I bought the car it already had one of Chuck's rear strut tower braces installed and it was on stock springs with AGX's:

I swapped in the Shigspeed / Koni / Ground Control suspension that I picked up from Jon:

Future plans include Loren's front suspension pieces, probably some sway bars, and then maybe bushings

·
Enjoying teh Ride
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
reserved for engine & drive train upgrades

First item to upgrade was the exhaust. I swapped the stock exhaust for the Greddy MX catback exhaust I had on my previous G:

I had a DPR ported head installed with a lot of help from Jamie and my friends from SR20deep at the CT meet. We then dropped in JWT S4HL cams and an ASP budget header. Afterward Jamie did some tuning on the RT.

Got rid off the OEM wai, replacing it with a stock air tube from a VE and an E60 maf and pop:

Updated engine shot:

Installed my Calum RTv2 with Jamie's program

·
Enjoying teh Ride
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
reserved for wheel and brake upgrades

First I tried running 15" 6UL's with custom spacers but it looked too Monster truck:

Then I tried to buy some 17's which turned out to be 18's. I admit they looked good, but just too Dub for me:

I reverted back to some 16's I picked up from Chris for my first G:

These are up next:

Getting them refinished as we speak in the other factory color:

Picked up refinished wheels 4/27:

And a peak at brake upgrades in the works:

Wheels finally on the car:

·
Enjoying teh Ride
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
reserved for interior upgrades

I had a full audio and alarm system installed by Doug Hall of Innovative Sounds in Stockbridge, Georgia. Doug was a national level competitor in the USCA & IASCA (??) back in the day and won a National Championship in 1996. He opened Innovative Sounds in 1994. I trust him to do high quality work and he didn't disappoint.

Headliner out and roadkill sound deadening in:

Trunk cleaned and roadkill in:

Trunk lid and deck lid roadkill:

Doors stripped, cleaned, and roadkill:

I chose a Focal K2Power 3 way system for the front stage. Doug built sealed boxes for the 6.5" mid bass drivers:

Finished front doors include 6.5" mid bass, 4" mid range, and 1" tweeter:

We went with a JL Audio 10w3 for the sub in a sealed box:

For amplification I chose JL Audio Slash series amps. 300/4v2 for the front stage (75w to each midbass driver and 75w to each midrange/tweeter combo) and 500/1v2 for the sub:

Finished trunk - super clean look:

I wanted to ensure full available power at all times so I added both an Alumapro C.A.P. 15 farad capaciter and upgraded the alternator to a 160 amp output unit:

I picked up an Eclipse head unit from Cliff when he upgraded. It has built in crossovers for the front stage as well as a direct input for the Sirius satellite radio. Doug moved the radio to the lower position for me in anticipation of a gauge package at a later date. I also had a set of usb chargers added so the electronic devices could stay charged:

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
nice job nole! where's all the engine stuff?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That is a very nice job on teh sound system, very high quality stuff! Clean install as well. Loving the exterior mods too, specially the wheel choice and color. Can't wait to see some more progress.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts