Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Impressive numbers, that motor can really breathe. Exhaust probably is slowing you down a bit, but I would also say the lowport DE throttle body is choking things out quite a lot too. I'll admit, I'm not an expert here, but getting that custom VE intake manifold flanged for a q45 throttle body will probably really help the cause and wouldn't be too expensive to do either. Great build nonetheless.

·
Enjoying teh Ride
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
What an exciting couple of years it has been. 2 years ago Panda was at a high point. Running great with a strong DE. Just prior to SR2013 she upgraded to C3's. Alas, spun the main's during the convention and she went into hibernation for the winter. She went to a local shop last spring for an AEM ecu upgrade. While waiting for parts, vandals broke in and she was severely damaged. Harness cut and ecu stolen, interior ransacked and gauge pods with gauges as well as the head unit stolen. Total bummer to say the least and the thieves were never caught.

But the community did what the community does and I received several gifts including new parts and monetary donations and we are finally back on track. I picked up my VE fresh from rebuild by Jamie at Marsh Tuning. The new engine was installed this spring and it's going to prove to be a beast. 12.5-1 compression, DPR head, all new Supertech valves, Kelford intake and N1 exhaust cams, and the ported N1 intake Charles did for me several years ago. One of only 2 budget squiggly headers Charles ever built on it for now with a 3" catback. Currently running low lobes only with a JWT ecu on loan from Charles. Yeah, that's the way friends take care of friends :D

·
Enjoying teh Ride
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
And now the fun really begins. Thanks to Shaggy, I now have a MegaSquirt engine management system of my own. Also picked up a CAS and the coil packs from a 20 v (Thanks again Charles). And I sourced a perfect uncut engine harness from my good friend Jon Hall in Texas. The car is at HT Motorsports this week for the transformation. Arjay is getting this done while I work like a madman scooping Italian Ice in the hot sun one last time:
- Replace engine harness that was cut in the 2014 incident
- Install CAS and coil packs
- Install MS ecu
- Tune for max power under the curve using MS and a set of Custom Steel cam gears
- Install Sparco EVO 3 seat on P10 rails along with a Schroth harness
- Recharge A/C with the new compressor

I will update with pictures and results as soon as she is back in my hands :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Wood Table Flooring Automotive design Hardwood

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Car Vehicle

Thread bump, I now own this car. Bought it a few years ago after powertrain had been sold off. Current plan is to drop in a SR20VE with N1 cams, brand new Fujitsubo VE header and brand new Fujitsubo Legalis R catback. I'm not shooting big peak power, just want a good daily driver with track day reliability. Bought some Nismo LMGT2 wheels for it, and going to overhaul most of the car as it has been many years since last round of upgrades/maintenance on the chassis has been performed. Also have brand new updated Morette headlamp kit since the old Morette had issues with the lamps themselves going bad.

Some pics of the car and parts can be seen on my Instagram. I'm NissanEgg there too.

Attachments

81 - 92 of 92 Posts