Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else's parking brake light flick on, just for a moment when accelerating hard?

Mines done it three times that I've seen over the last two days, and it is only when accelerating reasonably hard, Not hard enough to spin the wheels, but still fairly hard.

Is it likely to be a fault with the braking system or would something else cause it?

·
Registered
235 Posts
That happened to me one day...it just flicked on then quickly off while I was driving and more than once. All I did was clean out all the crap that built up under my parking brake handle (there's a hole underneath there - I found coins, small pieces of paper and a popsicle stick jammed in there?!?) and it never happened again. I don't know if the cleaning was the reason for it going away though!

·
Registered
411 Posts
next time try pushin the brake down while u accelerate hard. see if it does it. if it doesnt, that mean the sensor is lose. simple just have to tighten it down.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Take G-rider's tip, all it takes is one coin in there and it will close the switch in that circuit that will turn the light on. Remember, coins will conduct electricity. Also, check your brake fluid level, if it's low enough to turn the light on...check your brakes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts