Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spoke with Andreas Miko about building a custom turbo setup for a P11. It will be some time before this will actually happen, but this is good because I can get a better idea of what I should use parts wise. Which leads me to my question- I was quoted about 250 WHP for a built kit at a cost of around $4000-$4500. I would not like to spend much more than that. What do you all think of this? What kind of parts would you recommend i stick with? what size turbo? anything to stay away from? How does the price to HP ratio sound to you guys?

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
That is a fair price.

A DET swap would run you the same and yield less HP to the wheels.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about reliability? how long are Andreas's engines running? 50k? 100K miles?

Could I take a trip in the car? you know, drive for an extended amount of time? I would drive the car 6 hours away from my home and let him do the build. Then I would drive the car home. The drive is like I said, six hours. Give it to me straight- what's going to brake on the way home?

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
I dont recall anyone complaining about his service.

A 6 hour trip should be fine. I'm sure he would NOT let you drive away with out both of you inspecting the car and test driving it more than once to make sure everything is working properly and nothing is leaking or loose.

Have faith my lad... =)

·
Registered
246 Posts
HS Turbo Kit

Have you considered the Hotshot T3 Turbo Kit? They are under $3500.00 and can make the power you desire! Just a suggestion!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks b-boogie, you have been so much help since I joined.

TurbochargedSER, is the hotshot kit what you used on your almost 11sec SER?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Blueboost said:

:lol: we all wish. ;) No that is a very expensive custom jobbie. But I'm sure he could set you up with something like that if you show him the money.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Blueboost said:

No! I had an FMAX log style manifold when the car ran 12.0 @ 118.77 mph. The new setup is the Prototype for HS' New Equal Length Stainless Steel Manifold! I changed up the piping and intercooler for my setup! The standard HS kit comes with a tubular stainless steel manifold (NOT Equal Length) and a T3 turbo! It can easliy support 300 whp with larger injectors and a Cobra MAF!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Blueboost said:
I noticed that you live in AZ. How's your A/C? or is there any?
The A/C is Non Existant! My old setup with the FMAX had the A/C, but I took it off to fit the new manifold and turbo setup! The car is still a Street car, but I will not drive it much! It will be a Weekend Only car! I have too much money invested in it to drive it on the street everyday! I have another Sentra SE-R that I drive everyday that has Ice Cold A/C!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
b-b00gie said:
I dont recall anyone complaining about his service.

A 6 hour trip should be fine. I'm sure he would NOT let you drive away with out both of you inspecting the car and test driving it more than once to make sure everything is working properly and nothing is leaking or loose.

Have faith my lad... =)
I have a JDM enginethat I got from Dre... He is the most honest person you will ever meet when it comes to mechanics... I know becuase he has given me plenty of bad news when I needed to replace my engine...

He came to my job and repalced my altenator for me once and did it right in the parking lot.

Trust me we will not let you drive away with anything bad !!!!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
As A matter of fact I have a retainer with DRE.. I trust so much he has some of my money in " escrow " for like 6 months.... call me i you have any further ?'s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.