Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 60 oil filter brackets that I have swapped and a few laying around. Kept the RR back mount on. Less dry start. So for the separator I use a 99 bracket without a bypass check ball. It has the hole by the filter to mount still. I cut the tubes off and thread in brass hose nipples with thread sealer. Screw in an oil filter with some right stuff for no leak at the o-ring. Pcv line in and then to the in side. No Anti drain back valve in the filter. So now just change the filter maybe 1 every 6 months.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's cool I installed a catch can from amazon for 20$ about 3 months ago and got about two teaspoons of oil, that was with a new pcv valve. just makes you wonder where all that oil was going not sure if im gaining fuel mileage from the catch can.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$20 bones not to bad. I had stuff laying around. Did you re-route your breather tubes on the other side? Like on the sr20forum write up? Run the valve cover through the stock catch can before the intake side and add a tee to the bottom of it. I tried it all different ways for a few days. Ran like shit. Good thing I did not cut the original bend tube from the block. My filter was half full of oil in a few days. Forgot to put the restrictor back in. After that was good. But I'm back to VTA. Feels much smoother and just stronger and revs quicker with no pcv.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts