Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know the title can apply in many places but I am referring to the following:

Yesterday, I was at my mother-in-laws apartment. It's an area with buildings and crowded streets here in NY. Anyway, so as I drive up I see a beautiful G20. I park in the garage and walk up to check out the car. Its a 93.5 with 95k on the clock (yes I stared into it). It's silver and the paint is flawless. The interior leather looks like no one has ever sat on it, even the drivers seat. It was obviously a family car because it had no mods and a car seat in the back. It really looked beautiful, I looked at it a couple of times and commented on it. Anyway, so about 3-4 hours later I come back to my mother-in-law's house and as I drive up I see a huge deep dent in the driver side fender. The car hadn't moved so someone hit it while parked. Some asshole must have turned out from the street that leads into the block. Probably a small truck or van, they do it all the time by her house. It was really very sad to see. What's worrisome is that when my mother-in-law has her car in the garage I park on the same street. Just thought I'd share a sad story about a P10. It must have been someone making a left from street onto the ave and a car was coming in the other direction so he went a little wide.

·
Rare Wheels Save Lives
1,085 Posts
Yup, Thats new yorkers for you. Alot of them dont give a shit.

Ways ago when I had a MR2, it was mint. Bought it from a one owner well maintained all original paint. I parked it in the street in a metered spot. Came back to find some fucko squeezed into a non regulational size between me and the guy in front of me. Needless to say, the car had a bumper drag mark up the front of the car almost up to the headlights, and the guys rear bumper (brand new 525) was dented scratched and scuffed up.

I wont say what was done, but the guy paid big time for that mistake of being a dickwad.

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,126 Posts
at my bus pickup area at the mall the parking area gets so fricken crowded. one day a van squezzed between me and another car, and he parked in a way that his van was literally a few inches from my car. i applaud him at not scratching my car, but WTF! i couldn't open my door. the only keyhole on a volvo is in the dirver's side door, so i had to get at that from lying on the hood, then entered from the passenger door.then i had a hard time getting out, because of the jerks that instead of walking a few rows of cars to the stop, they park on the curb of the bus stop itself hence blocking me in, since i park near the buses. hard to explain without a diagram.

anyways they fixed curb parking by putting up construction cones against all the curbs. i hope they eventually jsut hang signs and give out tickets.

one thing i miss about daily driving the nova is that noone, and i mean noone, would come within 20 feet of it. i liked that. noone cuts me off, noone walks by it, they avoid it at almost any cost. ah, the ups of owning an old beater car. :D

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
p10det said:
i will never live in new york after hereing this story i prolly will never drive their
Wow, definitely not the reaction I wanted to achieve. I think there are jackasses everywhere. The only issue with NYC (the 5 boroughs) is that a lot of streets are just too small. If you park in a garage you really don't have to worry about it. Even when I park on the street anywhere I will sacrifice convenience (park further away) to make sure its not in an area where people turn or a crowded street. Gotta do it if you love your car.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
I had taken the bus to nyc. for new years. It wasn't to bad i had. fun their. dispite my kicking some guys ass in the subway and takeing off. this guy outa know where tryed to grip me up and i stomped the shit out of him.
so if i go to nyc now i will have to take the bus or drive up in a shit box so they can hit it all they want

1 - 7 of 7 Posts