Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

People with urethane suspension bushings plz respond.

1K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  stoney78 
#1 ·
Any degraded ride quality after fitting bushings like superpro/prothane/ES?

Like transmitted road/suspension vibration?

Or do they feel like OEM bushings while driving easy (not racing)?

#2 ·
It feels like oem but the car does feel more solid. Dunno how to explain but i do like them.

Luppo

#4 ·
I have no chassis noise or vibrations from the pu bushes at all so you'll be fine. Just make sure to grease them when mounted with the supplied grease or else they will squeek.

Luppo

#5 ·
you will be there is no noise from them

#6 ·
What you will notice is a little bit more road noise transmitted into the car, but not much. I've had my parents in my P10 many times and they never even noticed it (and my mom WOULD have said something).

Heck the last time my parents came to visit me, I was driving down a road that was a little bumpy (my P10 has ground control/GAB's, the Superpro bushings in the front and ES in the rear), my father (who has been a general mechanic for more than 20 years) asked me if I'd gotten around to upgrading my suspension yet? =)

Then I caught a corner and he said "yup!" :naughty:

But while cruising down a road he couldn't tell.

The reason you'll notice alittle bit more road noise is because the bushings are firmer than stock which makes the care more responsive when turning. But.. this also brings a little more background noise into the car. It's not a big deal though.

#7 ·
^^^^^^^exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks.

Trying to set up a group buy for ES bushings(NX2000 b13 full hyperflex kit) in my country but had some issues with a guy just talking trash about PU bushings.

Basically he is flaming my GB and telling people PU bushings suck and make you vibrate out of the car and cause damage to the control arms and what not. So needed a unbiased answer.

#9 ·
stoney78 said:
Basically he is flaming my GB and telling people PU bushings suck and make you vibrate out of the car and cause damage to the control arms and what not. So needed a unbiased answer.
Stoney,

What WILL cause ALOT more vibration is PU motor mounts. For some the extra vibration is ok.. for others it's not. If you were to compare the PU bushing vibrations to the PU motor mounts, the mounts are like 10x more than the bushings. So maybe the other guy is confused or getting them mixed up?

#10 ·
G20-Budo said:
Stoney,

What WILL cause ALOT more vibration is PU motor mounts. For some the extra vibration is ok.. for others it's not. If you were to compare the PU bushing vibrations to the PU motor mounts, the mounts are like 10x more than the bushings. So maybe the other guy is confused or getting them mixed up?
The guy isn't mixing things up, he's just killing my thread. :dead:

I know the motor mounts cause a LOT of vibrations. I have the prothanes on my P11 :naughty:

I do not yet have the superpro bushings so have nothing to refer/compare to. Wanted to order them from Octotat but rebuilding/fixing my bathroom is more important at the moment.

Originally I set up a GB for just the ES sway bar/shifter bushings. Along the way came a B13 2000nx owner who wanted the full ES hyperflex kit. Product is being packaged and will be shipped next week along with some P10 and P11 shifter and swaybar bushings.

Out of courtesy I asked the local B13 2000nx forum members if they would be interested in such a kit as a GB.

Just got pissed someone is placing comments about the ES bushings he cannot back up. The guy doesn't even own/drive a b13..... He drives a Vauxhaul Astra.... of all cars. :throwup:

#11 ·
stoney78 said:
The guy doesn't even own/drive a b13..... He drives a Vauxhaul Astra.... of all cars. :throwup:

LOL!!! Well good luck with your GB.

#13 ·
Did I fail to mention my car has 140K miles on it now and probably had like 110K miles on it when we put the bushings in?

Oh.. and I'm VERY happy with my PU bushings in the front and the rear. :)

#15 ·
stoney78 said:
That was my first response in the thread. Then he made a remark about it being better to drive on totally worn bushings comfort/noise wise then to install PU bushings....
That's BS!! My car rattled pretty bad when slowing down or going through a corner were there are little ripples in the road! And my car wouldn't hold an alignment either.

So the bushings helped me BIG time. The guy that is making the other posts doesn't know what he's talking about.

#16 ·
I know what Igor/Stoney is talking about. Some guys on the other forum can be a pain in the.... Glad that THIS forum is so much more open minded.

#17 ·
Tell him he's DEAD wrong about driving with worn bushings is better than PU bushings! First of all, worn bushings are as effective as having marshmallows for bushings! And it's very BAD to have worn bushings! Simply, with worn bushings, you will get EXCESS play this will have severe -ve impact on handling! Not to mention potential extra wear/stresses on more expensive suspension components.

You should also (politely) call him out/remind he that (1) he doesn't even own a B13 and (2) he has not provided ANYTHING to support his 'PU bushings are Bad' comments. And lastly, tell him to politely refrain/retract his comments because he HAS NO nor has provided proof. There's also the report him to the moderator's route. IS there not certain edicate that should be followed? Like "...if you don't have proof, don't say/post it....' Call him out on it. Turn the tables (but politely) When he 'blows up' & you've remained calm, it'll show HIS true colours!

#19 ·
"Had them on my Astra...." "Took them out again, way too much vibration and wear." "'ve put the old bushings back in, much better"

Nah, I've had it with that guy/forum.

Anyways, one of the forum members on that forum is the one who is buying the full hyperflex kit. W'll wait till he has installed them and provides feedback so we can really shut the smack-talker up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.