Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i'm sick of my car being slow..i love speed..i love going to irwindale track but i hate having a slow car. I saved up 3grand so this is how i'm going to spend it

hotshot cai (9hp)
hotshot headers (15hp)
exhaust (6hp) ( i dont know what type yet)
ut pullies (6hp)
jwt cams (15hp)

jwt ecu ( how much is this, how much gains can i expect)

so what do u guys think...and what 1/4mile gains can i expect from doing all this. thanks for help
nick

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
With 3k I would go for a T25 turbo set up. The Garret T25 Turbocharger, Blue Bird Exhaust Manifold, Nissan 370cc Injector’s, and Blue Bird J Pipe will run about $750 give or take. You will also need a JWT reprogramed ECU which they dont make for roller rocker SR20s (this means you having a 02 G20 will need to wait till they do make one or repin your wireing harness). I belive a reprogramed ECU goes for about $600 but im not exactly sure. The last part your going to need is a intercooler. I would go with a front mount Forge Motor Sports Model 104 Intercooler 24”x6.5”x3” Core Size. All this stuff and the install should run about 3k and will net aprox 205hp. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not a bad way to spend $3,000.

LOL, sorry for the FAF quote.

The JWT ECU is about $600, and if you don't have a core to send in, there will be down time on your car while they reprogram yours. As far as gains go, it all depends on what other mods you do. I don't have one myself, but from what I understand they can customize it to work with other things like cams and so on.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Myinfinitig20 said:

hotshot cai (9hp)
hotshot headers (15hp)
exhaust (6hp) ( i dont know what type yet)
ut pullies (6hp)
jwt cams (15hp)

jwt ecu ( how much is this, how much gains can i expect)

so what do u guys think...
I think you've been doing Stillen hp calculations. :D

With all that stuff there, you will not reach the 52+ hp listed. You might get about 40 hp total. You cannot just add up the hp each mod does on its own. It doesn't add up that way.

I'd look into a turbo, but only if you are handy enough to do it yourself.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
For that save up a little more and talk with http://www.sfp.net South Florida Performance becasue they are known here in SF and they make some good custom turbos for a good price.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Ca SMOG

Just a bit of a reminder, you live in California right?
you might want to watch out for smog issues. I know two guys who have SR20DET's that are just sitting at home because they cant pass smog with them.
And I believe that the hotshot header is not smog legal either. just a little heads up. People will tell you its easy, but unless they can also tell you of SOMEONE that will do it, keep away from it. Unless you like taking apart and rebuilding your turbo every couple of years.:-\

P.s - I used to have a 5.0 that had some non-smog issues and i had to end up selling it for $800:*( because the place i used to take it too decided they didnt want to smog me anymore, and that was 7 years ago, before the hardcore smog stuff got implemented.
Just be careful!=)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn it.....alright who here runs a 15 something 1/4 mile in a p11 and if you do what are your modifications. My goal on my G is to run a 15sec 1/4 mile without ruining the warrenty on my engine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
those mods in a 5-spd P11 should pretty easily net you a 15 second 1/4 mile time. an auto I'm not sure about. My guess would be somewhere probably in the high 14x to mid 150whp range, depending on your state of tune (and any other mods you might have). As for the ECU, it really isn't that necessary for big hp gains just yet, its about $550, and you might want to think about doing that last, once you know exactly what you'll be doing with your car, as it costs $100+ to reprogram it for new mods (different cams, turbo, etc..). The mods listed will definitly give you a very nice start to a kick ass bolt on car. Maybe even look for some used parts to help cut costs to maybe help get a couple more mods within that price range. =) BTW, it's UR (unorthodox racing)pulleys, not UT :p Hope this helps.
BTW, with my current mods (look at sig), it's pretty close to what you're looking to do, it's pretty quick and VERY fun to drive =)

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
You will already mess up the warranty by putting any of those things on the engine.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Domiken said:
You will already mess up the warranty by putting any of those things on the engine.
I doubt they'd honor any warrenty on the motor with those mods. But if the motors on your power seats dies, or say your power sun roof stops working they can't deny the claim just because you did some motor work. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Well theres different warranties its not just a specific one. I meant the one that covers your engine, because theres also suspension and transmission.

·
Registered
23 Posts
btw...

aside from what is in my list below... what more can be done to get close to 200whp? I am looking to keep an NA engine... no boost for me...:lick:

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
get your engine blue printed man i had my p10 done by cosworth in the uk and it was awsome,i also had hks cams and air filter lightend cosworth pullys,cosworth pistons,hks metal head gasket,scorpion ss exhaust,hks de-cat pipe and a few other bits and bobs and that put out 206 bhp the engine was similar to a btcc race engine.Hey but i,ve said all this before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts