Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I all!
Yesterday i put on HSH on my stock Nissan Primera GT 1998.
The car really goes better on low rpms and high. Now i would like to now what else you all think i would to to get my Nissan to be faster accelration and all. (no turbo or nos):)

I were thinking of getting catback exhaust but i were woundering about size on muffler and pipes?? Do a catback give me more hp so my car go better or is it ONLY sound? Im thinking of getting UNICHIP and a company here in Sweden told me they could hmm dont now the english word,,hhaha i try any way....They told me they could sharpen my cams and the car would go mutch better is this true?

Thanks/ Jonas

·
Registered
180 Posts
A JWT Pop charger or HotShot CAI are both great intakes that would help alot. The Cat is gona give you a few extra ponies, but not to much. Underdrive pullies, Advanced Timing, NEW cams and cam gears would all be performance mods that will get you more horsepower.Use the search function answers all the other questions you have.......you are gonna hear it sooner or later:beard: :beard:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
If you can get some JWT cams (S3 probably the best for our heavy cars) you don't need cam gears. If they are going to regrind your gears....well, I'm not a big fan of the regrind.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
jonas23 said:
I all!
Yesterday i put on HSH on my stock Nissan Primera GT 1998.
The car really goes better on low rpms and high. Now i would like to now what else you all think i would to to get my Nissan to be faster accelration and all. (no turbo or nos):)

I were thinking of getting catback exhaust but i were woundering about size on muffler and pipes?? Do a catback give me more hp so my car go better or is it ONLY sound? Im thinking of getting UNICHIP and a company here in Sweden told me they could hmm dont now the english word,,hhaha i try any way....They told me they could sharpen my cams and the car would go mutch better is this true?

Thanks/ Jonas
You can try a cold air intake setup. ;)
I doubt that you'll get a lot more hp out of a cat-back exhaust, may a few HP at best, IMO. NEVER do regrinds. Like G-forces said, the JWT S3 cams would be your best bet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THX!!!

Ok so you all say JWT cams! What can i expect of them? How many hp? Do i fell more power then when i installed the HSH? And do my car go faster 0-62 and 1/4 mile?
What i have heard the fuel economy get pretty high?

I did forget to say i got a Open Direct Air filter...do i get power that i feel if i chance to CAI? Have you guys heard of a new thing from a company called BMC...they say its better then CAI and its called BMC CDA-box.
last thing you guys DONT think i should get a cat-back exhaust??
Should i chance my muffler/backbox then?
Are the exhaust pipes 2" stock?

Thank you all!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: THX!!!

jonas23 said:
And do my car go faster 0-62 and 1/4 mile?
What i have heard the fuel economy get pretty high?
Yes and no. You won't notice much difference in fuel economy if at all.
The S3 cams are awesome. I love them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok

G-Forces said:

Yes and no. You won't notice much difference in fuel economy if at all.
The S3 cams are awesome. I love them.

oh ok good!...do they give power a low rpm or high? Do you think my 0-62 time gets better?
One more thing i were in JWS homepage but it aint any prices there?? Do you now the price?

Thx!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
They give mostly high end power. Your 0-62 should improve but I don't know what kind of driver you are. ;)

Expect to pay around $550US.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: Ok

jonas23 said:
oh ok good!...do they give power a low rpm or high?
They have several cam profiles. The S3 is probably the most popular street cam. It should add around 10-14 hp (cannot remember exactly) and the power should increase from about 3000 rpm to redline.

The reason you don't want to use regrind cams is that they screw up the base circle of the cams and to get them set correctly puts additional strain on a sensitive valve train.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all!

For your answers!
Im going to save up to buy cams (s3):)
Any one now what kind of performance i can get into whitout NOS or TURBO? And even how mutch hp?
My problem is that i payed 200 for shipping it from US + 212 TAXES:/....so i look at 1000 for cams (not include mechanic)
But i think it worth it:)

Thanks!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Yeah I get the same shitty deal here in Canada. End's up costing me around $1000 canadian bucks when all is said and done (taxes, duty, shipping, exhange).

Expect about an increase of 25-30 real horse power from all the bolt-ons. (intake, header, exhaust, cams, pullies)

I dyno'd stock 124hp at the wheels and my latest was 146hp at the wheels with a leaky header. I KNOW I have more than that now after I've fixed the leak.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
G-Forces said:
with a leaky header. I KNOW I have more than that now after I've fixed the leak.
Funny my HS Header has a leak as well, Ive located the hole but cannot fix it, Im trying to get HS to send me a replacement because its on a weld that I cant reach....I was just wondering if your having the same issue?

Anyway....get the CAI, UR pulleys and JWT S3 Cams for performance increases....the cams kick ass....

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I thought the cams were somewhere around 12-15hp in the SCC test, but I'm not 100% sure on that and 10-14 also sounds very close... figure round numbers 12-14hp at peak hp. At redline you'd gain even more power over stock. For the money they would give you the most hp gain.

Also, If you wanted a cat back exhaust keep your stock cat, and get 2.25" (or roughly 60mm if you have piping in metric instead of our messed up inches.) mandrel bent piping made up with a free flowing resonator and muffler (perforated core, not louvered) the rest of the way back. Hope this helps.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Yahnozha said:

Funny my HS Header has a leak as well, Ive located the hole but cannot fix it, Im trying to get HS to send me a replacement because its on a weld that I cant reach....I was just wondering if your having the same issue?
Nope, my primary/secondary connection was WAY loose. I could free hand spin two of the nuts. Trust me when I say that a leak that big really saps the power. :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi again!

G-Forces said:

Nope, my primary/secondary connection was WAY loose. I could free hand spin two of the nuts. Trust me when I say that a leak that big really saps the power. :D

I think i hear a leak?? If i look should i see if its a leak?

UR pulleys...what is it? What do they do?
Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 question??

I i did read some on the net and....THIS IS STOCK!
The G20T is the one whit 145hp (140hp)
G20T makes 0-60 in 9.2 (10.0)
Primera GT 0-60 in 8.9

G20T makes 1/4 mile in 17.1
Primera GT 16.3

And a AUDI A4 1.8 T (150hp) makes 0.60 in 8.4
Dont now about 1/4 mile!

So you all see the Primera GT is faster then G20T...but why??
It cant be 5hp?? mayby the G is heavier?!

Thx!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry...

it should be Primera GT 0-62 in 8.7

This were tested on Swedish tv!
Same time as Volvo s40 2.0T 165hp dont now if you have that engine in US?!

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Re: sorry...

jonas23 said:
So you all see the Primera GT is faster then G20T...but why??
It cant be 5hp?? mayby the G is heavier?!

Thx!
I believe it's more engine tuning. Remember, even though the engine displacement is the same as here in the US, changing the cams, header, intake, ECU, timing and other things will change the engine's performance. Yes, weight is a still a major factor. But a G20 engine that can move more air through it more quickly can make up for an addditional one or two hundred pounds on the car itself.

jonas23 said:
it should be Primera GT 0-62 in 8.7

This were tested on Swedish tv!
Same time as Volvo s40 2.0T 165hp dont now if you have that engine in US?!
Not from the factory, but I'm sure that the above mods can easily get it up to 165hp.
:nerd:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hi again!

MR. RYTE said:
I believe it's more engine tuning. Remember, even though the engine displacement is the same as here in the US, changing the cams, header, intake, ECU, timing and other things will change the engine's performance. Yes, weight is a still a major factor. But a G20 engine that can move more air through it more quickly can make up for an addditional one or two hundred pounds on the car itself.

Not from the factory, but I'm sure that the above mods can easily get it up to 165hp.
:nerd:
In Swedish TV they tested Volvo s40T 165hp (stock) against Nissan Primera GT 150hp (stock) And they made:
Volvo 0-62 - 8.7 (factory say 8.5)
Nissan 0.62 - 8.7 (factory say 8.9)

Then 40-60 shit the Volvo run circles around Nissan but THATS NOT important:)

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Re: hi again!

jonas23 said:

In Swedish TV they tested Volvo s40T 165hp (stock) against Nissan Primera GT 150hp (stock) And they made:
Volvo 0-62 - 8.7 (factory say 8.5)
Nissan 0.62 - 8.7 (factory say 8.9)

Then 40-60 shit the Volvo run circles around Nissan but THATS NOT important:)
Not really. 0-62 isn't as much fun as taking curves, IMHO. In straight line 0-62, the volvo s40t might have a very slight advantage, but when the road gets curvy, the volvo is probably gonna have to have its turbo at full boost to keep up or catch up to the G20/Primera.;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts