Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Your best bet is stock. Unless you want cool looks then get slotted or drilled rotors.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well either my abs sensors are messed up or they are warped slightly because when I brake at high speeds ex. on freeway it shakes the steering wheel pretty bad. You have any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have had awesome experience with powerslot rotors on my acura, I havent put them on my P10 yet but they were the best. Powerslot uses Brembo blanks so you can be sure the quality is top notch.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Im gonna be getting some Brembo slotted only OEM replacement rotors in the near future mainly for street use. Stock P10 brakes are pretty good but with slotted rotors, upgraded pads, SS lines and synthetic fluid will make the braking shine even more. You can always get Brembo OEM blanks with the things I mentioned along with it, still a very nice setup.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
did we establish if you can put them on only the front and leave the back stock?? i need new rotors up front like whoa

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
You could almost run with no rear brakes at all if you really wanted ;). Youre definitely ok with replacing just the fronts.

I dont really recommend cross-drilled/slotted rotors, though. You can never turn them, so they are a one-shot deal, and they are more prone to cracking and warping. Unless it's a track car there is no reason other than rice to get cross-drilled/slotted rotors. And if thats not reason enough, they are way more expensive too!

- Greg -

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
that sucks, i didn't realize they couldn't be turned:monster:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I got my cross-drilled and slotted rotors on ricambisport.com. I think thats the site. Its pretty decent. The performance is better then stock, but I don't know how it compares to brembo or powerslots. It ran me about 130 for two. And the installation was a piece of cake.;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
230 shipped if anyone is interested.
1-P10
5-P11
thats all i got left in stock. These are direct replacements. These are ZINC coated and brembo rotors. You cant find zinc coated on ebay =).

·
Registered
690 Posts
Cross drilled is not exactly a great way to go,since they are prone to cracking in high heatr situations.Slotted rotors with some braided lines,high performance pads an synthentic fluid would be a nice up grade

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
I have a set of front PowerSlot rotors (p10) BRAND NEW IN THE BOX. They are slotted.....

I paid $192/pair from tirerack.com If anyone wants them for $125/pair + shipping, let me know.

I'll post in the classified section if I get no takers, just thought I'd let you know in this post since members were asking about 'em here.

Thanks... :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
gqsway said:
I got my cross-drilled and slotted rotors on ricambisport.com. I think thats the site. Its pretty decent. The performance is better then stock, but I don't know how it compares to brembo or powerslots. It ran me about 130 for two. And the installation was a piece of cake.;)

I put these on my car along with semi-metallic pads and they definitely grip better than stock.

My only problem with them is that they vibrate like crazy when I really hit the brakes (like to slow down from 120 to 70 mph).

For this reason I wouldn't recommend them. But who knows, maybe it's the pad's fault, not the rotors.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts