Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got a '93 G20 that clicks constantly after it is shut off. and the only way to make it stop is to disconnect the battery. I thought that it might be the ABS controller as it seems to eminate from that area, but a brake diagnostics found nothing wrong. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i have a click comin out of the engine bay after turnin the car off too..i actually think it comes from the engine..its not a continuous click more like a click every 10 seconds for a few minutes..any idea guys?

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum =)

It could well be the relay. Look in the box to the left of the ABS pump and you'll see two relays, one controls the valves and one for the pump. Sounds like the valve one is clicking.

Read this for which relay controls what.....

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
GDub26 said:
i have a click comin out of the engine bay after turnin the car off too..i actually think it comes from the engine..its not a continuous click more like a click every 10 seconds for a few minutes..any idea guys?
That sounds like it could be heat shields contracting as they cool down....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll give the relays a try

Thanks to all who replied. I'll check and see if it is the relays tonight and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
mrbee said:
Thanks to all who replied. I'll check and see if it is the relays tonight and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks
As Mark mentioned, it's probably one of your ABS relays. I'm assuming your ABS light is coming on, also? You can get the clicking to stop by tapping it (your finger will do the trick). At least that way you won't run your battery down and don't have to disconnect it. From what I've read, you can do that little tapping trick for awhile before it won't work anymore and at that point, you'd need a new relay. Mine does that about once a month for now...when it gets more frequent, I'll be getting a new relay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts