Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car came with an aftermarket exhaust but the hangers are shot and not all the hangers were used in stock locations.

im putting the stock exhaust back on but it has no rubber hangers so im looking for a picture of what type of rubber hanger goes where so i can purchase the correct ones. need reference, thanks fellas!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
junknstuff said:
my car came with an aftermarket exhaust but the hangers are shot and not all the hangers were used in stock locations.

im putting the stock exhaust back on but it has no rubber hangers so im looking for a picture of what type of rubber hanger goes where so i can purchase the correct ones. need reference, thanks fellas!
Im in the same boat.... I plan on a fully redone exhaust with new hangers and rubber.

·
Registered
599 Posts
as far as "stock" hangers are concerned they are all about the same and can be placed just about anywhere..... the only thing that confuses me is that even if it is aftermarket exhaust they still should have used some of the original hangers. like when the hubby did mine he only had to relocate the muffler hanger ...for obvious reasons...

as for buying the rubber hangers just go to a local muff shop and ask to buy how ever many you need.....ordering the "correct" ones will just cost you more

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wont get into details, but lets just say the custom exhaust on it right now was done extremely poorly and only a couple exhaust hangers were used. i've secured it more with some copper wiring but its still bouncing around like no other.

im more concerned about the shape/size i guess.

·
North Star Fighter
3,216 Posts
there's one hanger up at the catalytic converter. it connects to one of the flanges (flange closer to the engine). there's a second at a major bend in the long pipe about 3/4's back. and then there're 2 final ones at the end of the muffler. sorry i can't get pics yet, but i hope this description might help a li'l.

·
Registered
599 Posts
those should work i dont see a reason why they wouldnt..... they are rubber so just put a little wb40 or zep45 and the metal part should slip right in...

if all else fails youll just have to bring it up to sactown and let my hubby hook it up lol

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Yes those are the correct shape, just check the size of the hole, they can always be opened up a little....there are 6 in total, 2 at the front of the cat, 1 at the bend and 3 on the rear muffler.

Here's a Scorpion cat back system, it uses all stock hangers and locations.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
From what I understand, as I am looking to get some too, 15mm is appropriate size and 12mm is a REAL tight fit. It's a pain to get on. Pat said on another thread that you can get kartboy 12mm hangers directly from them if you call. Or you can get cobb hangers that are 12mm but they are like $11 each.

Mark, so to do the complete exhaust you gotta get six of them? And are they all the same size.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Yes, six in total.
If you look at Nissan part numbers, the three on the rear muffler are the same and the one on the bend is different and the two on the cat/downpipe are different again.

But they're all very similar.

I would say 15mm would be needed for the cat/downpipe ones, but the others are a little smaller I believe.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts