Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright here are the pics

http://www.planb-attack.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=2305

http://www.planb-attack.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=2309

allright and here is what I did-

at home depot I picked up these supplies-

1) a rubber plumbing PVC pipe connector, one end is bigger than the other, I'd say the big end is about 4 inches and the smaller one is like 3.
2) 25 ft of 4 inch wide foil heat resistant dryer tubing.
3) a roll of aluminum foil duct tape
4) a bottle of foam sealant
5) some round screw tight clamps

then I went to Pep Boys and got

1) APC "intimidator" blue cone filter, and "intimidator" lil breather filter

and here is what we did

First, we took off the hose that connects the lil box in front of the engine block to the air box, and we stuck the breather filter on the end of the lil box in front of the engine block, then we took off the stock box filter, the clamps, and the 3 screws holding it onto the MAF sensor chamber ( u might wanna loosen it off the throttle body to get to the screws eisier, just unscrew the lil metal clamp) then take it off, and unscrew the bolts on the bottom of it too, and take out the lil restricting plastic pipe that runs behind ur headlight, then, take off ur MAF chamber, and unplug the wire, put your MAF chamber on the ground with the square end facing up, and shove the large piece of the rubber pipe connecter on it, its gonna be a lil hard and tight but it fits snuggly, then, fill the gaps with foam sealint, on the inside and outside, wait for it to dry and cut off all the excess stuff and make sure you dont have any lose sealant inside it so it dont get sucked in, then, put a clamp on it, not to tight tho u dont wanna crack up your sealant. then, stick the heat resistant tube onto the small end of the rubber connector, it might be a lil lose, but just wrap it tight with some foil tape. then, leave the tube compressed, the only place it needs to stretch is where u turn it, u gotta move your battery, take off the tie's and the bottom pice, and u may have to move the lil fuse box too, just shove it all tightly sideways like in the pic, then, when u got the basic shape formed, take it off and hold it best u can, then get a friend to wrap it in foil tape, this will make it stiff and really sturdy, and wrap it a good 2 times or so, then just put the tubing on the end of the filter, it will be lose so this is what asian mike did, cut off like, a 1 inch section of the tubing, while its still compacted, then cut the wire straight down so you can make it smaller, put it around the rubber on the filter, to make the opening thicker, and foil tape it real good, then the tubing end should slip on nice and tight, then, cover it ALL in foil tape, from the base of your filter, to the MAF wire, and then stick it bakc onto ur throttle body, tighten the clamp back up, hook up the wire and voila, intake :-D

·
Registered
807 Posts
THATS NOT A CAI......Thats just a relocated intake. Nice job though.=)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
That thing looks really really really ghetto... Nice job though, I’m quite sure it took forever to get that thing together. It seems to cost a fraction of what I paid for my Stillen Pop charger and I’m quite sure it has a similar effect as well. Nice mod if your low on cash ;)

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Crude, but effective.:cool:
How much did all that cost?

·
Registered
133 Posts
HAHA...

Dude...I love that thing!! It cracked me UP!!!
The funny thing is...as ghetto as it looks.... Im sure it has the same effect!!!
Good work man!! Bet it cost you all of 35 bucks???
And only cause the Air Filter was the most, RIGHT????

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well all the supplies cost like $50 something, and yes I get that really really nice sound from like 4,500-7,500 RPM's, yeah it looks really ghetto but all my friends think it looks cool cuz it looks like a racecar intake :p but im broke so I thought what the hay

·
Registered
429 Posts
lol

I dig it ghetto style and all....Paint JWT on it it would be much faster :cool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I gotta give you props, that's the most creative mod I've ever seen...good power for CHEAP...good call man

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Have you ever tried pulling the bottom half of your intake box off and zip tying your filter to the top half of the box? I've seen others cut holes in the lower portion of the box too. This seems like it would give a very similar result to what you did. The only difference may be the difference in filters, but i'm sure with enough innovation, you could chop up the stock airbox and fit a cone filter to it somehow.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My intake is nothing but a cone filter and a MAF adapter, cost $50 and looks just like what you would get for $120.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Re: lol!

Chris said:
next we'll start to see someone put a ram air system on a G20....
I'm sure it's already been tested, if not on a G20, at least an SE-R. The problem with a ram air setup is that you need airflow to make power, and airflow just comes from speed. On a track car that averages 60+mph, i could maybe see it helping a VERY little bit over a CAI, if at all. If you check out the se-r.net archives, i know it's been discussed there quite a bit, there should be quite a bit of info in there for ram air stuff. http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/ (copy and paste in browser)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts