Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Well the guy told me it doesnt matter for what G20, as long as its an SR20 powered motor he didnt specify though, would it have a problem if you have the low port or high port?

Domiken said:
Well the guy told me it doesnt matter for what G20, as long as its an SR20 powered motor he didnt specify though, would it have a problem if you have the low port or high port?

you got me there, i dunno. I don't know too much about turbos, other than 1) I want one and 2) they cost a grip.

I've also never heard of anyone with a 2000+ going turbo via the hotshot bolt on. I believe even the 99 model--which HS makes a kit for--requires some extra work. Again, I could be wrong ... but i would be skeptical... sometimes these sales people don't know what they're telling you. And in any event, it seems most people on the forum choose to drop in a DET.

Shit id drop in a DET too but my car has 30,000 and im not putting a used engine in my car, id rather get a custom turbo setup or the HS. You can research this but it shouldnt be too hard though. They just told me that it was a complete bolt on modification and that the only problem would be the intercooler positioning and tubing to it....thats it everything else is plug and play. I specified my car was a 2001

Ok, well just wanted to give you a heads up. Hope it works out because i'm interested in going turbo too.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
bruing20..do you have any pictures of your car and does ur hs cai set up look like mine?
pz
nick

Too bad i don't live in Fla, I think I would have really good chances of getting in.
Oh Well:(

Myinfinitig20 said:
bruing20..do you have any pictures of your car and does ur hs cai set up look like mine?
pz
nick
I don't have a digital camera, but i can take some pics and scan them after i develop them... it will take a few days though.

My HS CAI doesn't look quite like yours... i didn't have to move my coolant at all. I think i pushed my filter end further into the well.

Allright so i returned the neons, got store credit and bought a Fuel Pressure regulator. I got it installed, and the car doesnt bog anymore it just goes, especially with the automatic transmission. At high RPMS its a little quicker too, all i need now is my custom cold air intake, MSD ignition and ill have a good combination of air, fuel, and spark for now. The people that did it are jamaican guys that specialize in BMW, HONDA, NISSAN. It looks like ill be getting a custom turbo sooner than i thought, only $2000-2500 but the guy said if i get a couple of things on the list instead of them looking for it, it might be cheaper.

Click on link for the picture or just go on my site.

LINK

Domiken said:
Allright so i returned the neons, got store credit and bought a Fuel Pressure regulator. I got it installed, and the car doesnt bog anymore it just goes, especially with the automatic transmission. At high RPMS its a little quicker too

yo, what exactly is a Fuel Pressure regulator?? and what does it do? Inject fuel better or sumthing?? Also, how much did it cost, and how much for the install?? Anyone's knowledge would be appreciated.

pz

looks sweet... were did you put the coolant???
and order the cai from?? for how much??? jus curious..

You got it, the adjustable regulator WITH a gauge cost me $130 and $40 for installation. Does anyone know what the stock PSI is, im running at 25PSI but it seems that the car is running rich, but im not sure because i dont know the specs. But for now, its running good :cool:

yo, what exactly is a Fuel Pressure regulator?? and what does it do? Inject fuel better or sumthing?? Also, how much did it cost, and how much for the install?? Anyone's knowledge would be appreciated.
fuel pressure regulator-
A pressure-activated diaphragm valve that maintains the pressure in a fuel system to a pre-set value above manifold pressure def good in our fuel injected cars.

i think domiken got the b&m one those i saw them last time i went to the shop for like 60 bucks but that was a while ago and i dont know how much they charge to install it i dont think its a hard diy(dp it yourself)
congrats domiken on getting it ..now you got the dread heads to work on your car watch your car closely man no offense but them miami shops in general be sceaming on the down low

casual

casual said:

fuel pressure regulator-
A pressure-activated diaphragm valve that maintains the pressure in a fuel system to a pre-set value above manifold pressure def good in our fuel injected cars.

i think domiken got the b&m one those i saw them last time i went to the shop for like 60 bucks but that was a while ago and i dont know how much they charge to install it i dont think its a hard diy(dp it yourself)
congrats domiken on getting it ..now you got the dread heads to work on your car watch your car closely man no offense but them miami shops in general be sceaming on the down low

casual
Actually i think mines is made my holley, i didnt get that B&M crap, its too small and not worth the money. they charged me $40 to install, but i wouldnt mess with that. The shop isnt in Miami its actually on the other side of the block by my house, they have multiple shops and theyre first one is in New York. These dread heads are in their ate 30's so i think theyre past that, they know theyre stuff and theyre certified by a shit load of companies. They specialized mostly in BMW, MERCEDES, VOLKSWAGEN, NISSAN, HONDA

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.