1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks good man, a lot better than that stock crap. Nice job.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Definitely looks better now - don't know what was up with those funky interior colors. That shit belongs on a sentra, not a primera/g20 :).

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, yeah the old interior is a bit rank isnt it... thats what you get for buying a lower model tho I guess!!

Thanks guys, Its nice to have some good feedback when you try something like that.... it took long enough.... something like 3hours in total for the one door, although I have learnt a few things out of it so theothers should be quicker.

The Silver spray was Plasticote enamel silver. (useable on metal and wood so I figured it would work ok on plastic) I used some grey primer first and I will laquer them too but they are holding good, and a lot cheaper than interior spray paint.

The Carbon stuff was a right bitch to stick on, you need the really thin stuff to get it to stretch in the middle.

I finished the edges off with some black edging strip made from a computer serial cable with the ends cut off, super glued on!!

I'll do step by step pictures for when I do the others properly.

Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice work Kev! That silver paint has made quite a difference too.
Why oh why did the UK cars come with such awful trim?? Even my GT has some nasty material....oh well....nothing that can't be sorted - just need lots of money!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah no probs, I'll post the Full "how to" when I do the other doors with all my new found knowledge of what not to do lol!!

Quickly tho:

The carbon Fibre look stuff is made by Carbon Tec (you need the thin stuff)

The Paint is Called Plasticote and is Silver Enamel spray paint (suitable for wood and metal apparently!!)

Hope this helps

Kev

1 - 14 of 14 Posts