Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
There are some members who have the JWT POP/PR CAI setup(can't remember who though), but you can also do a custom CAI piping setup with the JWT POP at the end. It should give add about 6-8 hp. As far as fittting into a '95 G you'll have to remove the resonator(the black box-like thing that extends into the wheel well) and make the hole a little bigger using a dremel or file so that the cold air pipe will fit down in there. You can get the Place Racing CAI from their website(minus the JWT POP) or you can check the classifieds for both. I personally would check the classified section since it'll be a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
vesuvius, if you get this done, put up some pics and let me know how you did everything, i'm pretty sure it'll be the same for a 92. thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
it's pretty simple actually. if you have the PR CAI and the JWT POP, you will need one more MAF adapter. Put the 2nd MAF adapter at the end of the CAI, then bolt the JWT pop to it. you just put it where the normal K & N filter goes on the CAI.

That's all there is to it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've also heard that the battery might need to be moved to fit the piping in that hole. If anyone has done this, how did you do it? Or am I even going to need to?

Thanks for the help.
-Ves

·
Registered
5,266 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
The K&N filter looks kinda' low and it seems that it would sip some water when it rains. I've been wanting to turn my pop into CAI but is it safe to put the pop under the fender???

Thanks folks ;)

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
g20t94 said:
The K&N filter looks kinda' low and it seems that it would sip some water when it rains. I've been wanting to turn my pop into CAI but is it safe to put the pop under the fender???

Thanks folks ;)
One thing get with the CAI is the AEM bypass valve. That should prevent you from getting water sucked up into the engine.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
i got kinda confused, does the PR and HS CAI tuck under the fender stock or does it have to be modified halfway???

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
OR...you could just get the first section of pipe from HS that goes from the throttle body to the MAF and then put the JWT POP on in the normal place, eliminating the H2O problem...looks cool, and a little modification needs to be made to the piping...thas what I did anyway.

·
Registered
520 Posts
tdog551 said:
i got kinda confused, does the PR and HS CAI tuck under the fender stock or does it have to be modified halfway???

ALL CAI'S TUCK UNDER THE FENDER!!!
It is hard to get water under there unless you drive in flooded areas.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yahnozha said:
OR...you could just get the first section of pipe from HS that goes from the throttle body to the MAF and then put the JWT POP on in the normal place, eliminating the H2O problem...looks cool, and a little modification needs to be made to the piping...thas what I did anyway.
Then you don't have a CAI....just a regular short ram intake!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yahnozha do u plan on selling that CAI extension pipe if you didn't sell it already... especially since you won't need it with that future turbo conversion

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
I dont know. Im may, but I also might get another project car...Its a year away, If I do sell the stuff, ill post it in the classifieds..

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Just about anywhere, actually. PR sells them made from aluminum for about $30, but you can often get a "Universal Nissan MAF Adapter" from any parts store that carries import hopup parts for less than $15. Lots of cars use a MAF with the same bolt pattern, such as a 240SX, a Sentra, and some Altimas.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I got my adapter from HotShot. I would try to get it somewhere else. Y? Cus it took them a month to get it to me. At the time they had some chic answering the phones. She did not even know what I was talking about. I had to really break it down for her. HS parts good, HS customer service sucks!!!! I think I paid about $30.

·
Registered
880 Posts
G- Dub96 said:
I got my adapter from HotShot. I would try to get it somewhere else. Y? Cus it took them a month to get it to me. At the time they had some chic answering the phones. She did not even know what I was talking about. I had to really break it down for her. HS parts good, HS customer service sucks!!!! I think I paid about $30.

Well, be nice to that chick, because that chick is John's (the owner) wife. Her name is Martha. If you disrespect her, don't expect any parts to come really quickly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts