Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Well my G is lowered and i was driving in a parking lot today and some absolutely genius woman thought it would be a good idea to whip her empty bottle of washer fluid out towards the center of the lot .... right in front of where i was driving.

So it got ran over and got stuck under the car. It was dragging for 50-100 meters before i could stop since people were behind me and all. It was a pure bitch to get it out from under the car but finally i did.

After i got it out i noticed the plastic piece under the engine was cracked/hanging down.... mainy near the front left wheel. Here is the damage...

what can i do about this? I know NOTHING about this part... :smile: or should i leave it?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
you can actually take it off and leave it off. Or if you must order one from the dealer to replace it, held in place by 10mm bolts, pretty simple to take out.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh... wow quick post... yes i have lots of salt/sand here... so i will try my best to fix it i guess.

what would that part be called? I cant find it on everything g20

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah.. i think a junkyard run would be a good idea to get one. It's there to help dirt/water/debris and stuff to get thrown up into the engine bay. Seems like you are missing some pieces there??!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i would def replace it. but i think you might have some
bigger problems on your hands. is it just the pictures, or
is alot of your suspension (sway bar, control arm, ect...)
rusting away as i type?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I agree with Matt, it is just a splash guard. If you can get one from a junk yard cheap, then do that. Other wise forget about it.

The rust on your suspension is only surface rust and is normal for any car in the winter belt. Nothing needs to be done.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
They are right. its just a splash guard, you will be fine normally. However when u get time and money, buy them back and protect your investment. It keep debris, salt, rain away. Also you don't want you alternator getting wet... In due time, replace it.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
ERIKbronx said:
They are right. its just a splash guard, you will be fine normally. However when u get time and money, buy them back and protect your investment. It keep debris, salt, rain away. Also you don't want you alternator getting wet... In due time, replace it.
driver side... alternator has it's own cover on that side....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts