Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
located on the drivers side, rear quarter, behind the wheel, opposite of the muffler, has multiple tubes connected to the fuel tank.

what is it? what does it do? is it necessary? i cant find it in the FSM

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Thats for the drugs playa

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does it need to be there?

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
bhowle said:
Charcoal canister maybe? Def. emissions related.

+1. my first thought exactly

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is it pressurized? i might need to move it out of the way temporarily to do some work

·
Registered
430 Posts
no it is not (well shouldnt be) pressuised but if anything gets damaged youll get engine codes cuz it will leak and you will fail e-check.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im just wondering in case i remove any of the tubing attached to it. there dont seem to be any electronics connected to it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
well when you remove the tubing you will get fuel on you for sure but when you put it back on put a lil petroleum jelly on it it should seal it good and tight.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
drilling around it.

·
Registered
843 Posts
It is EVAP related. The gasses from the gas tank go into it and recirculate. It is not pressurized so you wotn have any problems removing it. I believe there are 3 hoses that attach to it and it is bolted with four 12mm bolts. Like I said nothing will happen if you remove it. It is SAFE.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^ thank you for that clear explaination.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no no not being sarcastic. just thankful your post was very to the point. thanks :)

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
it is the charcole canister and with out it you will get a cell nd vent all your fuel vapers and smell gass all the time

1 - 20 of 21 Posts