Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Cast your vote.

• 290mm/11.4 inch rotor is fine with me.

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • No, I want a bigger rotor.

Votes: 6 20.7%

Please vote on rear big rotor upgrade options.

3K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  stracyznski 
#1 ·
I am working on a rear rotor upgrade for P10/P11. So far I have found that I can get an upgrade from the stock 258mm rotor to a 290mm rotor. This means we can go from a 10.16 inch rotor to a 11.4 inch rotor, that is over an inch bigger.
We would use the stock caliper/bracket with a custom dogbone. The purpose of this upgrade is only to better match the look of big front brake upgrades. This rear upgrade would require the use of at least a 16" wheel. The cost of this upgrade would be between $100-150 depending on current market material prices. You would expect to get 2 rotors and 2 dogbones only.
Is this a big enough rotor for you guys? Please vote or give your opinion.

#3 ·
Kazmi said:
I don't know about others but I would seriously go for something that would fit under 15"s......anything bigger than that on a stock motor would be overkill.....
Well, keep in mind this upgrade is for those of us with bigger front brakes and our stock rears look puny in comparison. So...the rear upgrade is for looks, not really for performance. Although by going with a taller rotor you should see more effective rear braking power so I would recommend staying with stock/oem pads on the rear of the car.

#8 ·
nice nice man......hmmm i like this idea for having bigger rear to match the front big ones im getting through with the Gb on babk's hmmmm when you plan on getting this together by/end date?and i would give two options for the rear man.....like i have 19's so i would kinda want bigger then that yet not over kill :0P

#9 ·
gEE805 said:
nice nice man......hmmm i like this idea for having bigger rear to match the front big ones im getting through with the Gb on babk's hmmmm when you plan on getting this together by/end date?and i would give two options for the rear man.....like i have 19's so i would kinda want bigger then that yet not over kill :0P
I believe this kit can be available by end of August.

Need bigger than this? It's possible but you'll have to deal with other issues like - is the brake fluid line long enough? is the ebrake cable long enough? I suppose it's worth a try since the rear wheels don't turn so don't need extra long cables and lines. But then we have to use custom rotors like from Wilwood, which will need matching calipers also from Wilwood.

#10 ·
damn, thats a nice size...if you need any help making that dogbone, let me know. Nice that your using the stock calipers, it keeps the ebrake intact.

Yep, the issue going with wilwood components is that of the ebrake and then cost.

Question, do you know if there are any two piston rear calipers like the Q45 ones (front) that wil fit the rear?

#18 ·
trbobrk said:
It uses a drum in disc type of parking brake. But I figure that there has to be a cable going comming from that stupid foot pedal so you might be able to retrofit all the drum stuff and hook the end of our cable to that.
Yeah I recall the same... the old Q had rear discs for braking and rear drums for parking. Never really understood why. Maybe they didnt want the parking brake to mess with the traction control system.

- Greg -

#26 ·
me and cole and some of the other people at the va beach meet where talking about this a lot last week =)

funny how someone came and made a thread for us! thanks a lot oldman.

mark me down. i'm not worried about the performance of my rear brakes, condsidering they do 20% or less of the work. i just want to get a little bit more of a balanced looked with my front BABK.

a bigger caliper would be cool, but if the price gets too high i would not be interested.

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.