Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the car back together and went to start it. I have a 95 G20 and i am swapping in the high port engine. When i turn it over it won't go and my plugs are getting flooded with gas. Any clues as to what could be causing this?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Check the injector O-rings. If you had to remove or replace the injectors for any reason and didn't get new o-rings that could be causing your problem.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i did have the fuel rail out because it was bent, i had to straighten it. I am getting good spark to the plugs but they're loaded with gas. I can smell the gas when i try to start it. I don't see any seeping arround the o rings or anything. I only had the rail out not the actual injectors.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Flooding is a common problem with all Nissan engines, happens on the G's, I's and Q's all the time at work. Basically, it comes from the car being started when cold and shut off while still cold, the cylinders fill with fuel that can't all burn off because it's still cold. If you started the engine when cold and then shut it off soon after, that may just be your problem. If it's just flooding all the time, I would say you may have a stuck open injector or you may have disturbed the seating of the bottom O-rings on the bottom of the injectors and that's leaking in too much fuel.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it wouldnt start at all after the swap. I reversed the lines and it ran for a few seconds on the fuel still in the cylinders with some ether to help. Then it stopped running again. I put the lines back to normal and it started right up and ran fine. I'm guessing the FPR was clogged or something and wasnt letting excess fuel leave. Whatever it was, its working now.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
i didn't want to start a new thread so i'm posting my question here....where do i get new o-rings for my 370cc injectors??

·
Registered
87 Posts
92g20Red said:
i didn't want to start a new thread so i'm posting my question here....where do i get new o-rings for my 370cc injectors??
At the stealership. There the same size as the stock ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts