Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Sell the Macbook Pro to finance a VE swap?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 17" Macbook Pro (early '08 model MB166LL/A) that I love, but dont really need. I am considering selling it to finance a VE swap. They are currently on Apple's website for $2499 and used ones seem to be getting around $1500+ these days. What do you guys think? Also, if anyone is interested in buying this or trading for it, let me know. Thanks for the advice guys!

Edit: I didnt know I posted this in the FS section, if this doesnt qualify mods feel free to move it.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Fuck Mac's...sell it and get something useful thats not an overpriced, hyped up piece of garbage

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I like my Mac, but I only paid 700$... and I have a desktop and two other laptops...

DO NOT finance a swap.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do still have a Toshiba laptop. This is the first mac i've owned, i could take mac or leave it... Anyways, i'm not talking about financing the swap, more funding it with this sale.

·
Registered
844 Posts
sell the mac if you trully don't use it to it's full potential, EG. work

Sell it Before it depreciates even more and GO GRAB A VE

If i ever got A Hot One of these i'd ve in a flash... well considering i lost my job i might think twice. now but FLASH..

·
Registered
957 Posts
i never liked mac's, and if you don't do work (since that's all mac's seem to excel in), just sell it. Grab your VE and done! I mean, what did you find satisfaction in more?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what kind of trades, not another laptop right?
No, i already have 2 other than the MBP, so it isnt like i need it. I was thinking more along the lines of a VE, but i suppose all trades considered.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i have a person that has 6 complete ve longblocks at $500 a piece. he might even go down to $400 a piece if i talk to him. hella cheap

·
Registered
246 Posts
macbooks dont suck guys,you said that, because you dont have one. I have a macbook and I love it, I have a vaio and a HP too, and the mac is superior in everything, and its the easiest to use.

if you really want a VE, sell it, its a easy decision the VE its going to be more fun, but youre going to lose the money you spend on the mac.

good luck

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
macs are great for what they are meant to do - graphic design, audio/video editing, web design, etc
pc's are great for what they are meant to do - gaming, gaming, and gaming...and also coding lol
sell the mac if you dont use it

/end thread

1 - 19 of 19 Posts