Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 G20 manual is giving me really bad gas mileage. City+highway gives me around 14mpg. I did a tune up. Changed the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, air and gas filter. It only improved to 17mpg.

It should be around 24mpg. Do anyone know what I should do next?

Right now, I have P1400 and P0110 code. Will any of this problem cause my poor gas mileage?

Thank!

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
If your mileage is high you probably should change the o2 sensor. That should help a lot. Clean the throttle body just for cleaning sake and reground the maf. I don't know what the codes are.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Definitely clean the EGR...take it off, spray it with some carbuerator (sp?) cleaner, get all the carbon and crap out. Run some seafoam through the system as well. Also, take off the IACV and ARV and clean the crap out of it. You should notice it runs a bit smoother and definitely an increase in gas mileage. Lastly, this sounds stupid, but inflate your tires to the proper pressure...you'll definitely lose 1-3 mpg when they aren't inflated to the proper level.

·
Registered
462 Posts
true p1400 is EGR and p0110 is intake air tempreature sensor. But change the EGR first as this would cause the second sensor to go off. So chage egr, reset the computer with a easy trip to local autozone!

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
I actually have to look at my car...i just got 80 miles for half a tank when i used to do 140 =(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts