Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to buy the parts for my exhaust today and i came across something i'm not sure of. i'm going with 2.5in tubing, so i'm using a muffler with a 2.5in inlet diameter. the problem is that i cant find any stainless steel tips from magnaflow with a 2.5in inlet diameter. what can i do?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking of the welding. im not talking about the end of the tip you would see. thats going to be either 3 or 3.5 i'm wondering how welding is going to work if i am trying to weld a 2.5in to a 2.25in

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok then. so even if the tip's inlet diameter is smaller than the muffler's, it'll be fine. thanks for the help.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
The 3" or 4" is the external diameter. Inside the tip sorta slopes into the same diameter as the exhaust... maybe pics help...

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
Dark_Eagle said:
ok then. so even if the tip's inlet diameter is smaller than the muffler's, it'll be fine. thanks for the help.
Right... keep in mind that a 3" tip is only 1/2" diameter bigger than 2-1/2", or less than 1/4" gap between the outside of the outlet pipe and the inside of the tip.

- Greg -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts