hard to tell what it is, but the valve cover looks silver

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
whoa you must have a hard time during oil jobs..^^

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
dont see the VVE badge on the valve cover also.... but at least there's no oil drip from the point I see so a good replacement for someone who needs an engine

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Look at my sig: I have a SR20DE motor with CVT. EUDM.
The auction states that the motor came from Europe, that explains it: this is a DE motor.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Mautai916 said:
looks like a DE to me. The location of the oil filter gives it away. Look at the location of my oil filter and you will see :) The vacuum points are slightly off too.

my GF engine has the oil filter in that same place, but it is an auto and a 2000. does that make a difference? I highly doubt it is a VE..lol (in my g/f)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry for the confusion.

·
Administrator
5,863 Posts
Madmike1029 said:
my GF engine has the oil filter in that same place, but it is an auto and a 2000. does that make a difference? I highly doubt it is a VE..lol (in my g/f)
I believe the RR's also put it in the same place.

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
GDub26 said:
whoa you must have a hard time during oil jobs..^^
Believe it or not it is actually much easier with the oil filter on the VE. Yea you hafta be under the car, but overall its soo much simpler and mroe room to work with!

·
Administrator
5,863 Posts
Mautai916 said:
Believe it or not it is actually much easier with the oil filter on the VE. Yea you hafta be under the car, but overall its soo much simpler and mroe room to work with!
+1, with an oil wrench takes me about 5 seconds to pull the oil filter off.

If I cant find the oil wrench, good ol screw driver trick :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts