Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My axle boots start to show cracks a little more than 1 year after paying a seemingly decent shop near $300 for a remanufactured drive side axle. That was my worst investment on my 94G20. I realize cheap remanufactured axles are different from OEM ones like missing dampers etc. Is it still possible to replace boots on remanufactured axles? Try to save some money on my old G20. Thanks a lot.
cxqiu.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
It is easier just to replace the axles.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thefultonhow said:
It is easier just to replace the axles.
I know. But the car is more than 12 years old and has close to 130 kmiles. It could say bye-bye to me anytime. So I was thinking spending minimum on it. If I knew for sure it could live another 4 years or even 2 years, I would buy one from raxles.com as some of you suggested. I guess the raxles axle should be around $150 for driver side only.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
130K miles should not be a "bye bye to me anytime" unless you haven't taken good care of it. I have over 180K on a 95 with 0 problems and I drive quite spirited.

The better maintenance, which usually costs more, will pay off in the long run. Or you may save a few hundred in small stuff in the short run, but when it breaks (due to lacking maintenance) you'll have to be making payments on a new vehicle.

Demon

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So now at least I know I have options to replace the whole axle or the boots when the time comes. Thanks for help!
cxqiu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts