Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Scanned photos from the carzone catalogue.

But even if it was his car, it's still a fookin saxo. Is that as high as he can aim?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I had a quick poke around the forum, apart from this bloke, maxpower seems less active than nissanprimera.net and not even close to G20 let alone AF.

Infact, the 4XXX post not-got-a-saxo boy has must be the majority of the site traffic, I was yet to find a thread that he hadn't replied to. In any brand. All kinda sad really.

For all the non-UK readers who may have noticed I bitch (a lot) about crappy little french cars that are the bread and butter of the UK modifying scene, the saxo is possibly the biggest offender right now.
Go. See. Understand why it annoys me that these get all the support and magazine coverage.

·
Registered
859 Posts
hahahah that bloke makes me laugh....Xeno like you I checked around a bit and he posted in virtually all the threads...although most people seem to ignore him :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, ive seen some of his posts too. he knows f*ckall about cars.

like someone posted "will springs from this car fit onto this car"
guess what he replied? "Buy some new ones!"
wwwwwwwwell! smack me stupid with a cucumber, i would have never thought of that!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I hear ya

I used to get the Max Power mags all the time back in the days when I was in England - can't believe how the quality of that mag has gone down the drain since then....for them to be letting the likes of that ricey Saxo be getting credits and props - things must be bad!

What happened to the elite league of cars they used to spotlight?

BTW - g20.net ROCKS as the resource for any G/Primera enthusiast...

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
SO is the SAXO the HONDUH CVIC of the UK ?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i guess you could say that, along with a few other. You cant buy a monthly tuning mag now without bumping into modded Saxos, Corsas, Fiestas and the like, but what is most common on them is that fact that theyve done very little in the way of performance, but rather on looks and install. Reason being is that nearly all those types of cars are driven by young rice boys who cant afford to insure high performance cars, or car with performance upgrades. But its what sells magazines so thats why the like of Max Power, etc will have at least 3-4 features per month on cars like this.

·
Registered
311 Posts
And of course Max Power is the biggest selling Mag, so the cars featured have the limelight, all the products are developed for these cars. Some thing with real potential, such as the Primera, is ignored because only a relative few entusiasts are after parts. This of course is a UK thing. Europe is a little better, the US a lot better and of course japan is in a league of it's own.

Unfortunately we face an uphill struggle.

Despite the fact that Kev's car is vastly superior to any saxo, he hasn't had a magazine feature yet because the magazines are not prepared to look beyond the core cars, such as saxos, corsas, fiestas etc. In a scene that is supposed to be about originality it seems a little hypocritical.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts