·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Administrator
5,852 Posts
Super easy to swap out.

Jack passenger side up, take wheel off. Unscrew and push back fender liner. Bolts for lines are 24mm on the P11 if I recall. Take photos of the connectors before you take them off so you remember where the copper washers go, and DON'T lose them. The gates comes with them but if they are cut wrong, you want to use your OE ones. I'd suggest putting a drain pan under the bottom line and crack that one open first, let it drain down into the pan, then once its finished crack the top one open and pull the hose off.

Reverse the installation, put the wheel back on, then bleed the system. To bleed, jack the front end up via crossmember, put some jack stands under the car. Pour fluid into PS reservoir, turn wheel back and forth lock to lock until the reservoir doesn't take any more fluid. THEN after you have done that, turn on the car and repeat filling the system. You can only bleed so much while the car isn't on, but you want to get as many bubbles out prior to turning the PS pump on as possible. Don't do this with the car on the ground, you'll flat spot your tires and potentially blow out the PS pump due to a bubble and stress.

That said, shouldn't take you more than an hour for everything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that really doesn't sound that hard. I'll just grab the part and carve out some time to do the swap. Thanks so much for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts