Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
This is my first post..
I tried the search engine but could not find anything specific to my problem.
My water pump pully seized so I was in the process of replacing it. I had trouble getting the power steering belt off so I just removed the 4 screws off the old water pump pulley to take it off. Now that I have installed the new water pump pulley, I am stuck because the power steering pump does not want to slide up to give me slack to work with. I have loosened the lock nut and the adjustment nut.....still no slack. Is there any other bolt/nut that I need to loosen for the power steering pump to slide?
Would very much appreciate your input.

95 G20
Hanover Park, IL
Chicagoland

·
Registered
462 Posts
you need to losen up the tensiner not the pump. Once you do that you could slide the belt in. It is little tight if you are using the oem. What you can do is get a exact belt except half inch longer then place it on easily and adjust the tension with belt tensioner!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I was looking at pics another member sent me and I think I actually will need to loosen the pivot bolt underneth the steering pump from the other side. I will try that first and then I will to get the longer belt. Very good Idea to get a slightly longer belt and adjust with tension bolt :bandit:

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts