Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a 95 g,and the power steering don't work, I put a new belt on and still nothing,it doesn't make any noise, but I have no power steering, parking is a pain in the ass. Any suggestions

·
Registered
973 Posts
Black Shadow said:
Well I have a 95 g,and the power steering don't work, I put a new belt on and still nothing,it doesn't make any noise, but I have no power steering, parking is a pain in the ass. Any suggestions
That happened on my Eagle Talon TSI turbo AWD and it turned out to be a bad pump.

Now maybe the G20 is a different animal?

·
Registered
973 Posts
man i don't know, bump for you though!

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Black Shadow said:
Does the power steering have a relay or a fuse?
Its mechanical innit ? .......... Might have a electric warning circuit tho :beard:

Got any fluid in it ?

·
Registered
430 Posts
you need a pump if its not making noise the shaft inside is sheared if the pump was ok and there was no fluid youd hear alot of grinding. and on a 95 i would think it had the mechanical system on it because that was befre obd II

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You are either out of fluid or the pump has failed, or the pump belt is slipping.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
4dollarg20 said:
and on a 95 i would think it had the mechanical system on it because that was befre obd II
95 was OBDII. I am pretty sure all SR20s have a mechanical power steering pump though.

·
Registered
430 Posts
oh well yeah ok i get it now. some cars had obdII before 96 it wasnt required untill 96 right?

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
What is all this bollocks ?

Its a mechanical system :beard:

·
Registered
430 Posts
indeed it is but some things got confused and off topic. eh well anywho yeah im betting that your pumps shot dude

·
Registered
107 Posts
my is making that freaking whine noise, but still full of fluid.
so I got one from the junkyard for free...to cold to install yet.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
How much are they new or re-con'd anywho ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts