Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did some soldering on the infamous drivers side window amp. Before putting the door panel back on I tested it to see if it worked. It did. Up and down, no problem...

However, when I put the door panel back on...absolutely nothing. I took off the panel and tested it again, and it worked fine. Put the panel back on, nothing. I did this about 5 times with the same results. The panel is falling into it's original place, and I'm not forcing it in. :dead:

Anybody know what's causing this problem?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem fixed.

Apparently the white plastic hook (that hooks by the amp) on the inner door panel was catching the wires that lead to the amp, causing the connection to come slightly loose. I made sure that the connection was tight and made sure the hook wasn't catching the wires. Problem fixed.

·
Registered
552 Posts
LOL the exact same thing happened to me too.. I had to bend the mount holding the plastic box up and down to keep the wires from coming loose when i closed my door

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL the exact same thing happened to me too.. I had to bend the mount holding the plastic box up and down to keep the wires from coming loose when i closed my door
Nice! It's a good thing we didn't give up! :rambo: It was such a simple fix in the end. Soldering was fun too.

jtmobsta, I don't know if you have ever done this, but I rolled my windows down and I put some WD40 on a q-tip and lubricated where the sides of the window frames touch the glass when they come up...seems to be a smoother open and close. Then again, seeing my driver's side window actually work again could be throwing me off. :cool:

No but seriously, it does seem smoother.

Peace.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Nice! It's a good thing we didn't give up! :rambo: It was such a simple fix in the end. Soldering was fun too.

jtmobsta, I don't know if you have ever done this, but I rolled my windows down and I put some WD40 on a q-tip and lubricated where the sides of the window frames touch the glass when they come up...seems to be a smoother open and close. Then again, seeing my driver's side window actually work again could be throwing me off. :cool:

No but seriously, it does seem smoother.

Peace.
I actually have done that LOL.. It felt the same for me because the motor was still pretty strong when i had the P10. I remember just leaving the bolts off the door panel so that I could reach behind it to move that plastic box whenever it effed up.. Especially during summer when the leather is scorching hot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts