Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The paint on my P10 "Primera" emblem is flaking off. There is black painted around the letters, and it's coming off. Since it's a pretty large black border around the letters, when the paint's missing, it makes the word almost illegible. Does anyone have any ideas for repainting the black border, short of doing it by hand w/ a brush? I can't seem to figure out a masking system so that the letters will stay silver and the outline will be black again. Ideas?

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Have Santas elves paint it for ya. :p :smile:
Tough one other then an hour of masking tape and a blade for the fine tape cutting.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i have the same damn problem..its seems the best way to do it is to use a nail polish brush..still havent tried it though..

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
The Next Time I Catch Somone Ferkin' Wiv My Decals I'm Gonna Deck Em :rambo:

2n'd court case! ............... BARSTODIOUS ONES :eh:

I NEED A GUN :shifty:

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Look you dicks ......... My Job is security....... All my kin fold have cameras & I park under cameras........... KEEP YAS FREAKIN THEIVING TWATTISH HANDS OFF :hurt:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Nelson said:
So what do the guys in the UK and other places do when their emblems start chipping? This was like new when I bought it about a year and a half ago.
well i just took em off and replaced it with G20 ones :) ..........mine is a 92 and it was starting to chip when i removed it a year ago but maybe quility or the weather makes it chip faster i dont seemany chipped ones around here (netherlands) most times i look cause i like to see what type primera it is......

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
maybe you can paint the whole thing and then stretch some 1500+ grit sandpaper over a 2x4 on the ground and wet it and very gently and patiently rub the emblem across it until you're just barely through the paint and then polish it? risky? watermelon---->
is the top part silver paint or chrome plating or what?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
J..M said:
yeah the oem ones are plastic wiv silver paint

then you can spray some silver first on the whole thing & then spray some black on the whole thing, then sand off the black letters on something flat with fine paper which will leave the silver showing. then polish the silver to shininess. use fine grit paper and do several (thin) coats of silver so you don't sand through it. you don't have to do it that way but it's what i would do cause i am weird like space

1 - 16 of 16 Posts