Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
G20 SpoRt 2002 said:
Hey how hard will it be to put these headlights on my car, or actually maybe I should ask how much they are lol =)

Where are those lights from? What country? If it's Japan or the UK, you'll be blinding the on coming traffic.

I was considering getting the Primera P10 lights for my car.. but I'd need to get the ones from Germany..

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
52 Posts
well, you can use them, but since they are made for the other side of the road, they will be a pain for oncoming traffic, but you can adjust for that, so it wouldnt be too bad. It uses HID lights, tho, and i believe it was H1

·
Registered
863 Posts
I own those lights. I bought them from Brian.
Mine came from NZ, so they are RHD, but very adjustable.

The bulbs are H1 on both, hight and low beams. But it does not come with HID, it is the best option for HID conversion, but it will be expensive. Yes, they are a little over US$600 to bring them to usa, plus the cost of the HID.

·
Registered
52 Posts
just to let you know, they weigh a shitload, they are glass, so i dont know if you wanna feed a fat kid more chocolate.heh......like the analogy?

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
be careful depending on where you live...

I don't know about everyone else.. but around here, in specific suberbs, the cops LOVE to pull over folks and give them tickets for improper headlights or other lights... I was in court with about 60 people who had to take lights off and prove it... some of the repeat offenders had HUGE fines (more than the cost of lights)... I don't know how strict it is by your area but around here, some of the 'burbs make a lot of money on just these type of mods!

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
There are two versions of those P11 dual headlights.

One version is HID equipped. They are available only in Japan. I've inquired about them before. I was in contact with someone in Japan (a Primera owner) and he replied back telling me the price on them with the HID's costs the equivalent of $2,000 US. If you could find someone to send them to you there would be an added cost of shipping/customs.

The other version is the one which I had purchased. I purchased them from New Zealand. They do not come with HID's. They come with dual H1 bulbs. You can get H1 Piaa bulbs for them or an H1 HID kit like I had.

These headlights are made for RHD cars so by putting them on a LHD car you may "blind" oncoming traffic.

These headlights though, by their design are *highly* adjustable. You can adjust the beam much more than other headlamp assemblies I've seen. I was able to adjust mine to the point that no one was complaining.

As mentioned these headlight weigh a *TON*. I was really surprised. Our stock ones probably weigh less than a pound, and these probably weigh about 6 or 7 pounds each. These have glass lenses, not plastic.

I'm thinking of getting a new set. This time I may swap the lenses with my stock one's so they dont weigh so much.

If you're interested I can get a set for you, just PM me.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Are those lights dual chambered? Do they have 1 H1 bulb in each chamber and shoot two beams from one light? If yes, sweet!!

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Depending on the exchange rate, $550-600.

You will have to cut off your stock headlight plug and connect the three wires to the new headlights, it's that simple.

·
Registered
139 Posts
How can you tell the ones with HID apart from the regular ones other than the brightness of the light?

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
let me know when you all are ready to order i think we should get down with a group buy here maybe get it a bit cheaper

casual

i'm down for the 500-600 one i was going to go for the skyline non hid wich sells for 900 but with this one i won't have to to do any body work around the lights since they fit

casual

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
$900 for Skyline lights is a rip.

I can get you them for $600-650. The places that sell them here buy them for around that much and mark them up unbelievably.

Anyhow, we cant do a group buy on these. I get them from the dealer. Cant really bargain too much when you're getting parts, especially from another country. The shipping is a little pricing too... its a large box.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
BTW, forgot to mention... The dual P11 lights also come with new corner lights. ;)

They have a smaller turn signal and the "parking/clearance" bulb is above it, not in the headlights like our stock ones.

You can see the corner lamp in the first post of this thread (picture).

It looks way better!! Not only the look of the headlamps themselves, but when they are lit up w/ the new corner too, it looks so much better.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Here's what you get....

Picture of dual headlamp assemblies and corner assemblies. (notice the inner housing around the silver part is a greyish plastic. the HID version has black plastic. If you open these up you can remove the plastic and paint it.)

Here's what they look like, notice the new location of the "parking/clearance" light. (Its in the corner above the turn signal)

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
if thats the case then i would like to order the skyline ones from you if you can get it around the same price
let me know actual price then shipping to fl
if you need more info just email me at [email protected]

thanks for the help

casual

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
G20 SpoRt 2002 if you get them i'll buy your headlights to help you ofset the price. i like the 2002sport lights better

·
Registered
251 Posts
Audio Piper said:
How can you tell the ones with HID apart from the regular ones other than the brightness of the light?
HID bulbs look different too

1 - 20 of 27 Posts