Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
No they dont, its not a requirement for the JDM Primera's to have those bumps, only US law requires it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I doubt its used for a aiming tool cause if that was the case the JDM ones would have it also. If youve noticed before on other cars, some of them have it too, its just a US law for some reason on some cars.

·
Registered
635 Posts
right below the headlights there is this half circle hole bordering both the thin frame on the bottom of the headlamp and bumper. I believe in Europe there are small windshield wipers on the headlights that come out this hole just like Mercedes. That would be a cool conversion. Pointless but cool. You would have to change the whole US headlamps with those little bumps your mentioning to the Euro h4/h1 plastic ones. I'd get the 95' GT's that are way clearer. But then again this would take serious cash for something no one will ever notice if you pointed it out. Nevermind...

·
Registered
588 Posts
primera heads

I did the primera headlight conversion. I had to rewire the 9004 to h4 bulbs which are way brighter.. If you look into a p10 g20 head light you will see that there is some sort of protective device to avoid blinding oncomming traffic, the primera headlights are just straight up bulb no protection :smoke: and have much clearer glass lens...

·
Registered
588 Posts
didnt cost a too much..I have a friend stationed at japan and picked me up a pair of the jdm headlights...I was sad when he moved back to the states

·
Registered
774 Posts
The JDM P10 headlights unlike the US ones are plastic, no worries about cracking and there much lighter then the US G20 lights. Aftermarket bulbs of the JDM P10 lights are about 40w more powerful then the 9004 bulbs available for the US G20 headlights so ya it'll blind you pretty bad, its 170w with a good aftermarket HID style bulb.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I just got the JDM primera headlights for my p10....can anyone give me some info on the installation of these?? is it fairly easy?? Well i have a race shop that willl do them for $40....so i hopefully he can do it...and also how do i adjust it so its not blinding the other cars because these came off of a RHD car right??

do i need to get anything special to make these fit or will they pretty much just bolt in the spots that i already have??

-David

·
Registered
20,794 Posts
Re: primera heads

p10socal said:
the primera headlights are just straight up bulb no protection :smoke: and have much clearer glass lens...
H4 bulbs don't need it by thier design. I still wouldn't use RHD lamps in a LHD country though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts