Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I picked up a 94 P10 with 126500 miles automatic last week. I finally got it registered and drove it 200 miles back here to CT. I have 2 weeks to get the car back into good running shape for my gf. Here are the problems I have

When I start the engine, the valve area would start to make a ticking noise. From teh inside it is not that noticeable, but from the outside you can definitely hear it. When I start the rev the car, teh ticking noise increases too. Other than the valves, another noise would come up. It sounds like a squeeking noise from the belt/valves area. And the last noise i have is when i am at highway speed. Most of the time I would hear a "woooo" noise. I only get the noise when i am above like 40 or 50mph. It happens 99% of the time, but soemtimes it doesn't happen.

That's all for noises

As for how the car drives. The car is definitely down on power. Although the car can reach 6500 rpm with no problem, but it sure does takes its time. When I gun it, it will climb up the RPM slowly. The car is very very sluggish. Another thing I notice is that the power delivery is VERY VERY weird. Instead of climbing up the powerband consistantly, I can feel the engine make power for like 300 RPM, then it stops, then goes, then stops again. Although the engine never stops spinning, but i can feel the power is going that way. What can cause that?

As for the transmission, i flushed out the fluid. Now the fluid is okay, but i do get slips occasionally between 2nd and 3rd gear from time to time. Is there an adjustm,ent i can do to fix it?

Sorry for the long post, but i seriously need some help. Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
holy sh**

can someone please help us both because i just bought a 93 as well and im having the SAME exact problems i also have 126+ miles can someone please help

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Re: bad news

Chris said:
you need a new motor or rebuild your motor
You don't think it might just need a tune up?
How old are the plugs, wires, cap and rotor? how does it look under the valve cover, can you see anything through the oil filler hole? it is all dark and nasty, or pretty clean? Also, does that clicking noise go away once the car is running for a little while, or is it all the time?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I HAD THE SAME TYPE OF PROBLEMS AFTER A WHILE THE TICKING GOT LOUDER AND LOUDER WHEN I GOT THE CAR TO THE SHOP THEY TOLD ME IT WAS THE CONNECTING-RODS AND BEARINGS AND ALSO SOMETHING WITH THE TIMING WAS BAD THAT WAS TWO WEEKS AGO AND MY CAR IS STILL THEREHOPE I COULD HELP

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, same problem here. But i am going to run it till it dies. Then drop a 600 dollar JDM motor in there

·
Registered
141 Posts
idunno

the motor was just tuned up. i havent poped the valve cover off yet. i was just gonna slap a det in there but i recently picked one up for my sentra and im not done with that yet. i cant do two projects at once although i wish i could. idunno. quite frankly im starting not to give a fu** my sentra is almost done. once thats out the way ill just give the p10 to my girl. but thanks to everyone for the help. its really appreciated. maybe one day ill fix it up until then ....oh well

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
tmak26b said:
Yup, same problem here. But i am going to run it till it dies. Then drop a 600 dollar JDM motor in there
My car had the same problem and that how I got the JDM motor. The inside was so sludged up it was nasty like the Golgath beast in DOGMA ...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You mean the old motor was sludged up, not the JDM right? How long did the motor last you before it died?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Almost 2 months ... but it always slow at first. I thought it was becuase I was used to my 5 speed G that I gave to my girl. Then it started to hesitate and shut off when I would come to a sudden stop like at toll ( got tired of people laughing) tune up at Pep Boys - no help. Fianlly took it to SE-R expert Andreas Miko. He removed the valve cover and proceeded to give me the bad news.... The motor was so dirty sludgy that the cam were ground down. He tries a cam transplant first but no good.

And then we went shopping for JDM....

Sorry to hear you story cause I been there ....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow only 2 months? Ouch. I thought they can go for quite a few. I know my cams are getting grind down. It used to make this huge grindy noise, now its basically just valve tapping noise. Very annoying. I might have to look for a JDM myself, but then ia m afraid the auto tranny will blow. Other than that, the interior and exterior is close to mint

1 - 14 of 14 Posts