Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I have a problem with my fan for the airconditioning system! The problem is that the fan won't start in three of the four stages, it won't start until the last one, the highest one. On the three lower ones the fan is dead! I don't know how this happened! I've checked all the fuses and they seem to be ok!
Please help! It's bloody irritating to drive around with the fan on max blow!

/ZexeL

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
this used to happen on the older p10's and the b13's. it was the blower motor resistor, but i thought that this problem was fixed after @94. check into it. if not its probably your HVAC control

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, tnx, how can I check the resistors easily? and btw, what is the "HVAC" :shifty:

/ZexeL

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning

The resistors to burn out occasionally

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
ZexeL said:
Ok, tnx, how can I check the resistors easily? and btw, what is the "HVAC" :shifty:

/ZexeL
do a search for "blower resistor" or check through the factory service manual for your year p11. i haven't heard of this problem on the p11 but it could be the problem.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
StangG20 said:
do a search for "blower resistor" i haven't heard of this problem .
Its blowin outta his Fanny ;)

:beard:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey all!

Now, it was the resistor card for the blower motor, it was burned out... so now you all know. Thanks for the replys and the help, relly appriciate it! Costed me a good 100 bucks... and then I fixed it myself... that sux!

/ZexeL

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
good to know. :)

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
I had this same issue with my Toyota Camary as well as my Altima. Not an uncommon problem. It's quite common that the resistor for the lower speeds go first because they are used more often. But $100! Wow! I think even with shipping, you could have got it alot cheaper than that from Justin @ everythingg20. But if you needed it sooner that later, then the point is mute! Good to here it's fixed!

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
slimlou said:
But $100! Wow! I think even with shipping, you could have got it alot cheaper than that from Justin @ everythingg20. But if you needed it sooner that later, then the point is mute!
i dunno if i woulda been cheaper shipped to Sweden. also they dont have the same auto-climate control as in the US. im not sure where the resistor is actually located though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
slimlou said:
Not an uncommon problem. It's quite common that the resistor for the lower speeds go first because they are used more often.
The thing is that if the card blows the only speed that will work is the high speed, this because the card only supports the lower speeds, the card is bypassed completely when running on high speed, this beacuse then you give the blower motor full current. By then you don't really need the card...

The card is located under the clove compartement, just unscrew three screws that holds a panel, and then you should see the card itself, or the plug. Easiest thing in the world to fix! :)

/ZexeL

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
My Bro has a 97 Renault Laguna ........ His Resistor card thingumi goes on average every six months ...... (Changed the fan too, just to see whats what) Quite annoying really ...... Apart from the £70 + VAT for new cards, they are really made of chunky robust stuff ....... The relay coils them selves seem to survive fine, but there is a array of electrical switchgear on the cards that I would summise frys. :beard:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts