Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first I must say, I loved my factory sound system in my G20. When the amps went dead, (its the Clarion system, for those who dont know), it would be over $500 to fix, so I went for the new system. I've ran into so many problems with these speakers, especially removing the back ones. Did you know you cannot use any components of the system unless they are all factory?!

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Ctd 586 said:
first I must say, I loved my factory sound system in my G20. When the amps went dead, (its the Clarion system, for those who dont know), it would be over $500 to fix, so I went for the new system. I've ran into so many problems with these speakers, especially removing the back ones. Did you know you cannot use any components of the system unless they are all factory?!
:-\ .....ummm......
What exactly did you change/fix on your system?:-\

·
Registered
26 Posts
I Know!!!

just replaced my rear deck speakers, I know exactly what you're talking about!! I have the same clarion set-up, they wired up easy enough I just resoldered the factory plug onto the new speakers, but I tried three different brands of speakers and none fit right back into the old metal brackets!! No I'm no expert on audio for sure, but I had the whole back seat out and my deck flipped up and wanted to go out, so I ended up just putting one screw in and siliconing any gaps. So far so good, I'm sure there's a better way of doing it, but couldn't find any info on this. Anyway I feel you, I think if I had to do it again I would get a machine shop or cut out some hard plastic to fit the diameter's of the new speakers, then screw them down into the deck. If I can help anyway please feel free to write back Peace

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Our rear speakers are called oversized, I lucked out a few years ago when I got my blaupunkt overdrives. They just happened to make a 6.5"Oversize component set

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ctd 586 said:
it is called "GETTO RIGEN IT" endless possibilites to get the 6.5 and 6.75 to fit in there. and what component did u want to use that u couldnt. right now i cant think of anything u couldnt getto wire to work(might require extensive knowledge of audio wiring) if u tell me i can prob walk u through the wiring process.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Ctd 586 said:
Buy used amps at car-parts.com for $50 much faster and you can replace all stock speakers for less than 120 bucks

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
My right rear amp shorted out. The dealership wants $350 just for the part alone. I didn't even bother to ask about the installation/ labor change. I even went to the junkyard hoping to find it for $10. I found it in a The junkman want $150 for it. :confused: I shoulda bonked him on the head with the rear amp and said,"Would you pay $150 for a 10 year old amp?!?":angry:
Next stop:Best Buy.:tired:

·
Registered
19 Posts
my litl g20 said:

it is called "GETTO RIGEN IT" endless possibilites to get the 6.5 and 6.75 to fit in there.
yeah i ran into this problem w/ the rear deck speakers as well. at the time i didnt know the stock speakers were oversized and the speakers i bought to replace them were coustic 6.5" and these are actually smaller than 6.5"....i definitely had to do some "ghetto rigen" to get these to fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts