Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently installed some JDM power folding mirrors on my '02 G.

The install was pretty straight foward. I tapped all the existing wires and connected according to color. I decided to leave my stock harness's in just incase I needed to go back to stock. The only new wires to be run are the 2 green ones from each mirror. It took a little time with these becuase I ran them through the factory locations through that rubber thing that goes from the door to the inner fender. As far as the switch goes you can use your USDM one, just pull out the 2 extra pins in the jdm switch harness and put them in your usdm one.

Be prepared not to be able to see the same. These mirrors are angled differently, so the drivers side one is angled in and the passenger sideone is angled a little more outwards, due to the right hand drive. I switched the glass with the USDM one, becuause the us one has that nice tint to them.

Side note: it is possible to switch bases on the drivers side so that your mirror will sit at the U.S. angle but the mirror will not fold in all the way. I opted just to get one of those big blind spot mirros so I can see better.

I would give the install a 7 out of 10. It it a little time consuming taking the door panels off, wiring and switching the mirrors. It is a definate plus if your good wiring.

All in all I am happy with the mod. I still wish I could use the USDM base and have the mirror fold all the way in, but I am working on something. It's definatly a mod that no one else will care about but G20 people, as all my friends thought I was crazy spending $150 for mirrors I can't see to well out of. I suggest it to anyone who is a JDM junkie like myself.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
G2002 said:
Be prepared not to be able to see the same. These mirrors are angled differently, so the drivers side one is angled in and the passenger sideone is angled a little more outwards, due to the right hand drive. I switched the glass with the USDM one, becuause the us one has that nice tint to them.

Side note: it is possible to switch bases on the drivers side so that your mirror will sit at the U.S. angle but the mirror will not fold in all the way. I opted just to get one of those big blind spot mirros so I can see better.
I switch bases, pretty easy and the folding works perfect, even better than the JDM one, it does not hit the base folded. Here're some pictures so you get the idea.

Angle difference (the red one is the JDM folding unit):

The bases are different, notice the two part base in the JDM one.

Correct angle and folding switch:

Folded:

The only down side of the base swap is that the mirror won't turn towards the front of the car in case of a impact, but I prefer to look in the correct angle ;) .

Carlos.

·
Registered
20,948 Posts
Best mod ever! I've had my folding mirrors for 3 years now, I still fold them in everytime I park cause the coolness factor never wears off.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
trbobrk said:
Best mod ever! I've had my folding mirrors for 3 years now, I still fold them in everytime I park cause the coolness factor never wears off.

Amen to that. I like when I remote start my car how they open automaticly!

·
Registered
231 Posts
hey, does the mirror fold in automatically when you shut off the engine?

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No they don't. I guess you could hook up a relay so that it would, but I have to press down the switch for them to fold in. I leave the switch in the fold out position, so this way when I remote start my car the mirrors fold out automaticly.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahaha, I wish I knew before I would have taken them off the P11 before I sold it. Contact Cduff7 he hooked me up with the set I got, he's a real good seller.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I remember correctly they were somewheres around $185 shipped.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
god damn gina! god damn! i went to dr a couple months ago for my grandmas funeral i saw no primeras same thing in haiti no primeras so u guys must be big ballin down there...

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
casual said:
god damn gina! god damn! i went to dr a couple months ago for my grandmas funeral i saw no primeras same thing in haiti no primeras so u guys must be big ballin down there...
And why didn't you call :angry: ?? I don't know where you went here in the DR, but at least in Santo Domingo we are like a million.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know its of topic, but damn man!!!!! You've gotta submit that for the calander shot.

·
Registered
844 Posts
i got mines in so time for install.. i think i'm going to do the usdm mirror swap for the tint and angle. Hey carloSR i don't see the pix of the base change.. this would be good.. i'd like for it to go in the whole way.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Hey carloSR i don't see the pix of the base change.. this would be good.. i'd like for it to go in the whole way.
I posted in 04 so probably the server has changed a few times since then. But it's pretty easy, once you have them side by side it straight foward. Please update this thread with your pics.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts