Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its IMO the best mod for your suspension if you are completely stock. Its relatively cheap, 130 dollars, and effects all your all around everyday driving enough make it a must have for suspension mods.

So I give it a 9 out of 10, only cause there is always room for improvement.

Great mod, great price, easy install.

Gmac

EDIT... let me know in that the stillen bar sits just a bit behind the rear beam where this one sits directly under it. So for those of you that like to jack your car up with the rear beam, not sure if you're suppose to anyways, but with this sway bar you can't unless you put the jack directly on the sway bar.

·
Registered
978 Posts
werd to that!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Gmac03 said:
Its IMO the best mod for your suspension if you are completely stock. Its relatively cheap, 130 dollars, and effects all your all around everyday driving enough make it a must have for suspension mods.

So I give it a 9 out of 10, only cause there is always room for improvement.

Great mod, great price, easy install.

Gmac

EDIT... let me know in that the stillen bar sits just a bit behind the rear beam where this one sits directly under it. So for those of you that like to jack your car up with the rear beam, not sure if you're suppose to anyways, but with this sway bar you can't unless you put the jack directly on the sway bar.

I've bent my beam doing that before, not very smart on a G IMO.
It flexed and when I noticed, I dropped her down right away and used the jack points.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I did jack the car on the rear beam from the pic Cryss, but when I saw it flexed I just stopped.
Better safe then sorry right?

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Ak1m0to said:
I did jack the car on the rear beam from the pic Cryss, but when I saw it flexed I just stopped.
Better safe then sorry right?
yeah fosure, thats kinda weird tho. i have jacked it up there once and no problems... how much did it flex??

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
It was going up just fine until it got up pretty high, you could clearly see the beam flexed more as the jack was raising the car.
I simple stopped after that point and went with the jack stand points.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Ak1m0to said:
It was going up just fine until it got up pretty high, you could clearly see the beam flexed more as the jack was raising the car.
I simple stopped after that point and went with the jack stand points.
The rear beam is a twist beam...it is designed to flex, especially if you jacked just one side up ;)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
markbuts3 said:
The rear beam is a twist beam...it is designed to flex, especially if you jacked just one side up ;)

I jacked it up from the middle

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Madmike1029 said:
hmm where could one find those adapter plates for a jackstand, or something that would work as an equivalent?
i want to know the same thing...anyone? my shit gets all bent and shit because of my floor jack...

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
KwikyMAN said:
using a piece of 2x4 works just fine. when i worked at the porsche garage, we used hockey pucks. at the bmw shop i work at now, we use blocks of wood.
Hmmmmm, hockey pucks eh? That sounds like a great idea! Stack two together then cut a slot in the top one. OR if the thickness of a single puck can accommodate a slot deep enough then that should work! Living in Canada, hockey pucks grow on trees...................... Or just wait for the Leafs to not make the playoffs and grab some from them They won't notice 4 or 8 missing by the time next season starts............lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts